Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a little mishap while parking my toyhauler...

DryHeatOnly
    I backed the trailer into my storage spot tonight and hit the rubrail of the deck boat parked next to me.
    I've backed it in there quite a few times, but this time I cut it too close. I feel bad about it.
    There was no damage to the boat, but I did rip the cover. It tore in a 'chair' pattern from the rubrail to the top. I had a tarp with me so I covered the boat in case it rained tonight.
    I left a message at the storage place asking them to have the owner call me tomorrow.
    Does anyone know what a new cover might cost? It looks like a 21'-23' Chaparral-type deck boat.

Outnumbered
    I backed the trailer into my storage spot tonight and hit the rubrail of the deck boat parked next to me.
    I've backed it in there quite a few times, but this time I cut it too close. I feel bad about it.
    There was no damage to the boat, but I did rip the cover. It tore in a 'chair' pattern from the rubrail to the top. I had a tarp with me so I covered the boat in case it rained tonight.
    I left a message at the storage place asking them to have the owner call me tomorrow.
    Does anyone know what a new cover might cost? It looks like a 21'-23' Chaparral-type deck boat.
    If he wants new I would say $300-800 depending on if its a stock or custom. He may be cool and let you repair it. How nice was the cover.
    OL

slink
    Sorry to hear that Sam. What type of cover was it (heavy duty tow or light weight) My cousin ripped his heavy duty tow cover on his new 27 Lavey while backing it into his storage. It tore right above the rail. He took it to that cover shop on Yorba/6th st in Corona and the guy stitched it up for like $40. works like new jsut a little cosmetic. Hopefully that will help.

Dr. Eagle
    Does anyone know what a new cover might cost?
    I think you're
    DOOOOOOOOOOOMED! (http://images.fedex.com/us/about/adv...ads/drama1.wmv)

DryHeatOnly
    If he wants new I would say $300-800 depending on if its a stock or custom. He may be cool and let you repair it. How nice was the cover.
    OL
    It looked like a stock cover you'd get included with a boat. I couldn't tell how old it was but it looked like it wasn't too old. I'm going to check it out a little closer in the morning (in the daylight).
    I should find a place that does good canvas repair in case he'll settle for that.
    Anybody know of a good canvas shop in the I.E. or O.C.?

DryHeatOnly
    Sorry to hear that Sam. What type of cover was it (heavy duty tow or light weight) My cousin ripped his heavy duty tow cover on his new 27 Lavey while backing it into his storage. It tore right above the rail. He took it to that cover shop on Yorba/6th st in Corona and the guy stitched it up for like $40. works like new jsut a little cosmetic. Hopefully that will help.
    Thanks Jeff. It felt a bit thinner than the cover we have. I'd be suprised if it's considered a heavy duty towing cover.
    Yorba/6th...thanks

DryHeatOnly
    I think you're
    DOOOOOOOOOOOMED! (http://images.fedex.com/us/about/adv...ads/drama1.wmv)
    LOL!!!
    Hopefully not too bad!

slink
    Sam, the guy does quality work. couple guys from work have had custom covers made there. It is all he does. Can't miss the place. go west on sixth toward Toyota of corona, Yorba it on your right hand side and splits off at 45 degrees. the shop is on the right hand side. Good luck

Jrocket
    Just give me $300 and I'll forget about it.

DryHeatOnly
    Sam, the guy does quality work. couple guys from work have had custom covers made there. It is all he does. Can't miss the place. go west on sixth toward Toyota of corona, Yorba it on your right hand side and splits off at 45 degrees. the shop is on the right hand side. Good luck
    I'm definetely going to 'suggest' it
    Thanks Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast