Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: powel?

Debbolas
    Gosh, I hope it goes up :wink:

1ASKYDV
    I was at Bullfrog last week and the launching currently looks pretty good. With the warmer weather coming launching will be slow due to a narrow access to the available ramp area.
    Do you know if the halls crossing ferry is working?

BoatFloating
    Do you know if the halls crossing ferry is working?
    The Ferry is still running....

AzLakeLizard
    The Ferry is still running....

The Ferry has been shut down since November! and they don't expect it to be up and running until around the 15th of April with the spring run off. The Bullfrog Ferry ramp is the one with the issues. Let me tell you that there are many people who are ready for the water to come up to take off some miles on their daily drive! :cry:

Havasu_Dreamin
    Is the drought over?
    It will take a minimum of 3 winters with rain like this year to bring the lake levels back to pre-drought conditions.

1ASKYDV
    The Ferry has been shut down since November! and they don't expect it to be up and running until around the 15th of April with the spring run off. The Bullfrog Ferry ramp is the one with the issues. Let me tell you that there are many people who are ready for the water to come up to take off some miles on their daily drive! :cry:
    Thanks for the info....I have another question for you! Are you familiar with the road from Flagstaff up to Halls Crossing? If so, is the road maintained well enough to pull the boat that way?
    Thanks for the help.

Sleek-Jet
    Thanks for the info....I have another question for you! Are you familiar with the road from Flagstaff up to Halls Crossing? If so, is the road maintained well enough to pull the boat that way?
    Thanks for the help.
    Yep. You can't take the cut off from Mexican Hat, you'll need to pull all the way up to Blanding, then take the Highway 95 west toward Hite/Hanksville The signs lead the way. It's a good road, there's a couple steep hills just outside of Blanding, then one big pull (about 10 miles long) out of Combs Wash.
    Utah's roads are well maintained, you shouldn't have a problem. And other than the traffic through Monument Valley/Kayenta area, it's a cool drive.

Holland
    Spoke to NPS about this. THey are projecting it to be up 60 feet. But their numbers still make it 12 feet short of being able to leave wahweap and heading straight out. Will still have to take the channel around. This is per NPS... not me. That is painful in a houseboat... I may pass on Powell this year (It would be the first time in years I did not go)
    Hope this gives insight as to where it is expected to be.
    Oh yea, I was talking to NPS at the Az Boat show... There was nothing else to do there. :sleeping:

1ASKYDV
    Yep. You can't take the cut off from Mexican Hat, you'll need to pull all the way up to Blanding, then take the Highway 95 west toward Hite/Hanksville The signs lead the way. It's a good road, there's a couple steep hills just outside of Blanding, then one big pull (about 10 miles long) out of Combs Wash.
    Utah's roads are well maintained, you shouldn't have a problem. And other than the traffic through Monument Valley/Kayenta area, it's a cool drive.
    Thanks.

AzLakeLizard
    Thanks for the help.
    We drive from Page to Hall Crossing with our motor home and pulling our Jeep when we do the Hole in the Rock run. I have seen many people going that direction with boats in tow. You will drive from Flagstaff to just before Page.. turn right onto Hwy 98 heading towards Kayenta and then you can either take the Mexican Hat route or the Mexican Water route.. we with our motor home and trailered jeep made it around the tight turn on the Mexican Hat route. .. or you could just launch at Wahweap.. and hang out with the Page Locals... lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast