Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawaiian boat info?

hawaiian21
    Any one have any information on the hawaiian boat line? such as who built them, web page, ect. when i bought the boat it was not even listed in the old boat blue book at the bank.

Johnwithjm
    I know there shop is in Norco. I don`t have there number

bluehawaiianpunch
    Hawaiian custom boats were in Norco. They went out of business in 11-94.

disco_charger
    Hardin (Way back when they made jet parts) bought and did Hawaiian out of Anaheim for a while....

Hawaiian Boats was from 1974 1/2 until 1980. The company was owned by Dick Schuster, the same guy that started Tahiti. Dick had a partner in Hawaiian, Jerry Groom, who was a bean counter that came from Bell Industries, the company that bought Tahiti from Dick in the late 60's. They started Hawaiian from material that they back doored from Tahiti, Jerry went to prison over the deal. Dick made boats off and on through the 80's and 90's under the Hawaiian name but never on a big scale. At Hawaiian, we cranked the boats out at a rate of 9 a day at the peak, sometime in the late 70's. Not a custom boat by any streach of the imagination. Hawaiian had a dealer in Orange county, Hunter boat sales, that sold the boats as fast as we could build them. At that time, Hunter was offering 15 year loans on the boats, so almost anyone could buy one.
    The molds went eveywhere when the doors were closed. We had at least 2 sets for every model, some of them 3, so there were a ton of em' to go around.
    Hawaiian was started in the old Tahiti buildings in Bellflower, that Dick still owned,(this is where Competetive trailers is) then we were in the building that would later become Hardin/Tahiti shop, in Anahiem, and finally we had 2 huge buildings in Huntington Beach, on Container way. The building were across the street from one another, and like clock work, someone would let one of the boats, on a dolly, get going to fast down the driveway, and the little dolly wheels would get stuck in the gutter and the boat (bare hull) would slide into the middle of the street.
    Sal, who owns Orange county boat repair now, was our main touch up guy and he was a very, very busy man.
    Team Hawaiian has nothing to do with the old Hawaiian, and they're probably thankful for it.

Dans66Stevens
    Now thats some funny shit.......Let the boat fall off the dolly in the street.. A smart ASS in every crowd!!!!!

Seth Livzz
    I wonder how many Hawaiian owners there are out there.
    I own a 1977 21' jet which has been in my family since 1980. I'm still trying to figure out which hp engine i have in it.

beached1
    RiverToysJas, I believe has a 19' Hawaiian, BBF, Berk. For now anyway. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Dimarco Kid
    That's where I got my hot boating start. My dad had a Hawaiian jet when I was a boy. 460 Ford and a Berk pump. The thing was pretty, white base with silver/red/blue multitone gelcoat. Silver interior with red piping. Man, I'd love to have that boat back, it wasn't much, but it's sentimental to me. Maybe I will try to track it down. Any of you guys here on the Northern East Coast seen a boat like that?
    D Kid

hawiian is right down the street from us,there still there.remember when your daddy use to tell you get what you payed for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast