Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CMI Big Tubes

BOBALOO
    I think you guys are running dry exhaust where no water goes out the pipes and you use water dumps instead. You are gonna have a HARD time passing this way. I think GGB/HPI/Livorsi Marine all make silencers for 5" tips . I just put some slip in silencers on my boat that slip in the tips and they cost 325$ from GGB.CA but you guys might need some different ones b/c you have alot more horseys than me.
    If you do a search on Offshore Only for silencers/mufflers there are alot of people running this setup. You can also post over there without paying for a membership but be prepared to have all your info handy cuz the people on there are pretty serious.
    I just looked at their site and they have tips all the way to 6" . The guy to talk to over there is Grahmm, like the cracker.
    www.ggb.ca

Bre
    Bre, get a hold of Shawn Gibson. I'm sure he knows someone who can do it....
    You have a contact number? Thanks.

Bre
    I think you guys are running dry exhaust where no water goes out the pipes and you use water dumps instead. You are gonna have a HARD time passing this way. I think GGB/HPI/Livorsi Marine all make silencers for 5" tips . I just put some slip in silencers on my boat that slip in the tips and they cost 325$ from GGB.CA but you guys might need some different ones b/c you have alot more horseys than me.
    If you do a search on Offshore Only for silencers/mufflers there are alot of people running this setup. You can also post over there without paying for a membership but be prepared to have all your info handy cuz the people on there are pretty serious.
    I just looked at their site and they have tips all the way to 6" . The guy to talk to over there is Grahmm, like the cracker.
    www.ggb.ca
    No we do not have that. The exhast is sleeved to the transom...so water and exhast mix at that point. We run all the water out through the exhast,we have no external water dumps. If that makes sense. It is not a jet boat :wink:

andy01
    Just have someone cut the tips and weld a set on the ends (that's how mine are).
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/h...ig_engines.jpg
    Think "custom".
    Big Baller................

Reaper1
    I only have one set.
    But it's a nice set.

Bre
    But it's a nice set.
    OK ...so I guess we should keep them... now I need to work on getting mufflers for them big ass things :220v:

DogHouse
    Might give IMCO a try as well. I believe they will do custom "Gatlin" muffler inserts in your existing tailpipes, or weld on extenal silencers, or whatever you like. In fact I just talked to them today about that very thing!
    -brian

Bre
    Might give IMCO a try as well. I believe they will do custom "Gatlin" muffler inserts in your existing tailpipes, or weld on extenal silencers, or whatever you like. In fact I just talked to them today about that very thing!
    -brian

Will the "Gatlin" mufflers be enough to pass w/ our motor? Sorry I know nothing about them.

DogHouse
    Will the "Gatlin" mufflers be enough to pass w/ our motor? Sorry I know nothing about them.
    They were recommended for my setup, an 800hp 10.8:1 solid roller 598 with dry 4.5" tailpipes (it makes some noise). No guarantees of course!

Havasu Hangin'
    I think mine are the IMCO Mega Mufflers. I'm gonna test mine next month.
    I know a guy with two 600" Blower motors that is at 90 dbs with the Gatlins. One motor would probably be 87 dbs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast