Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magic Deck Boat Guys.......

rvrhlic
    Has anyone installed mufflers on their boat? If so, what did you end up going with. I have been looking at a bunch but not sure what would work with the swim step.
    thanks
    rvr

OutCole'd
    There are a bunch of threads on this. Do a search on Mufflers.
    For the peeps running a 496, I would go with the Eddie XL Clamp ons. The will clear the swim step and get the sound down with minimal rpm loss. Plus there cheap, $150.00
    I read your going with the Raylar set up. Since your putting out more ponies, I would guess the sound will get up there also. I like the Gibson power curves so far. Seem to work good with the 525 & very ltlle rpm drop. My only concern is reversion. I wish I could get a diffinitive answer on this. Are the OK or not???

Buster
    There are a bunch of threads on this. Do a search on Mufflers.
    For the peeps running a 496, I would go with the Eddie XL Clamp ons. The will clear the swim step and get the sound down with minimal rpm loss. Plus there cheap, $150.00
    I read your going with the Raylar set up. Since your putting out more ponies, I would guess the sound will get up there also. I like the Gibson power curves so far. Seem to work good with the 525 & very ltlle rpm drop. My only concern is reversion. I wish I could get a diffinitive answer on this. Are the OK or not???
    Hey OC, I took a bunch of pic's last weekend for you as requested. I will upload them as soon as I can find the damm USB cable for my camera.

OutCole'd
    Hey OC, I took a bunch of pic's last weekend for you as requested. I will upload them as soon as I can find the damm USB cable for my camera.
    That would be great, do you have any external steering on your boat.
    Thanks.

JB in so cal
    I had Clu throw some internal baffles on last year. I never did a before/after test, but it sure isn't as loud as it used to be. Still winds out to about 5100, as well.
    Now, if I get a taling to by Havasu's finest, I'll re evaluate.

Not So Fast
    I e-mailed Shadow about how much more noisy his boat was with the RayLar and he didn't think there was a significant difference, I too will go Eddie clamp-ons but only when I'm forced to. Now we have to worry about this business that Mercury wont honor any warranty if you have mufflers installed, what a big bunch of crap!! NSF :2purples: :2purples:

mikefd024
    How fast are these Magics doing with the 496 ho or just the 496???

Buster
    Mine has a HO and in the November Poker Run we (Me and my son) were running right at 69mph @ 5300.
    This is windy as hell in a deckboat though...

JB in so cal
    If I'm alone (what deck boat goes out with one person?) or with another person nad 1/2 gas, it'll do right about 70; throw a half-dozen people, full cooler, full tanks, food, blah, blah...solid 60 to 65 top end.
    Trust me; anything above 60 in a deck boat is tear-inducing.

Buster
    If I'm alone (what deck boat goes out with one person?) or with another person nad 1/2 gas, it'll do right about 70; throw a half-dozen people, full cooler, full tanks, food, blah, blah...solid 60 to 65 top end.
    Trust me; anything above 60 in a deck boat is tear-inducing.
    LMAO.. JB.. That is the truth.. Hell the ice chest alone, when full, has to scrub 5 off...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast