Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magic Deck Boat Guys.......

Mandelon
    I know there have been a lot of threads on this but wanted to see what the deckboat guys were doing becasue of the clearance. I know that both Teague and Magic are puching those Northstar mufflers. Aaron recommends the GGB mufflers. Of Course Rex recomends the Rexmar mufflers, I am just rying to figure out what everybody is doing and make an educated decision.
    I can trade you for a nice quiet exhaust below the water line Lavey..... :wink:

rvrhlic
    I can trade you for a nice quiet exhaust below the water line Lavey..... :wink:
    I will kick that one around... By the way.... I still have a key to your boat! Hope I don't find it in the channel one day unattended, I may have to move it! :jawdrop:

rvrhlic
    Magic is pushing IMCO gatlin flange-mounts.
    When i talked to Teague about those today they said that those would not pass the test that is why the weren't in the ***boat test.

LAPII
    JB is it possible to see a pic of how you divided the ice chest, was tryin to figure out the cleanest set up on how to accomplish dividing the chest up.

caroftheweek
    Hey There:
    I finally registered, so now i can participate and not just read. We have a 2004 Magic Deck with a 496HO and in November, we had Clu install "their" mufflers. They were cheap but seem to be effective. With 2 full tanks of fuel and 2 people aboard at new year's we were able to run ~67mph. They are considerably quieter and they are inserts. I don't remember what rpm's we were running. It sucks but what are we going to do?
    Ryan

JB in so cal
    JB is it possible to see a pic of how you divided the ice chest, was tryin to figure out the cleanest set up on how to accomplish dividing the chest up.
    Sorry. I don't have pics.
    I took white cutting board material - (lycan??), made a template to fit - As you look down into the cooler, I divided about 2/3 of the opening so I can still get stuff under to the right.
    I cut some 1/2" strips about 3" long and epoxied them in a line on one side of where I wanted the divider - I used 2 strips on the bottom and 2 on each vertical side of the cooler. Once they dried, I inserted the cut piece of board hard up against the strips and installed more strips on the other side of the board and epoxied them. Prior to installing the board, I pre drilled drain holes to the bottom edge.
    I can't remove this system, but I have yet to put a body or something in there that big, so I think I can get by...

JB in so cal
    JB, Can you post some pics of your insulation installation? I split my ice chest also, but go through way too much ice.
    OC'd, again no pics.
    I used doubled lined motor compartment insulation-about 3/8" to 1/2" thick on the motor side-I went side to side for that-I installed it an inch or two below the level of the cooler, so you can't really see it. On the under side of the bench, I used a piece smaller than the opening of the cooler so the bench can slide. I think there's more natural insulation from the upholstery, so the heat loss is mostly out the back side. Spray adhesive works perfect.

OutCole'd
    OC'd, again no pics.
    I used doubled lined motor compartment insulation-about 3/8" to 1/2" thick on the motor side-I went side to side for that-I installed it an inch or two below the level of the cooler, so you can't really see it. On the under side of the bench, I used a piece smaller than the opening of the cooler so the bench can slide. I think there's more natural insulation from the upholstery, so the heat loss is mostly out the back side. Spray adhesive works perfect.
    JB again, what good are you??? What is doubled lined engine compartmen insulation? Where do you get it? At the doubled lined engine compartment insulation store?????

JB in so cal
    JB again, what good are you??? What is doubled lined engine compartmen insulation? Where do you get it? At the doubled lined engine compartment insulation store?????
    That's just about enough out of you...
    Must I do everything? It looks kind of like 1/2" foam with thin foil on both sides. You could also use the stauff they sell in RV supply stores that people use to cover windows from the inside.
    Man. Tough room!

OutCole'd
    That's just about enough out of you...
    Must I do everything? It looks kind of like 1/2" foam with thin foil on both sides. You could also use the stauff they sell in RV supply stores that people use to cover windows from the inside.
    Man. Tough room!
    Now that's what i'm talking about.
    Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123