Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gear drive ??????'s

Snowboat
    I can't seem to put a true roller chain in the engine, solid roller .680 to .720 lift. Is a Pete Jackson OK or do I have to go Milodon. The cost is about double after I buy an Enderle cover.

Speedin' Ian
    we opted for the Milodon on our new motor, seemed more precise

I have been running the Miloden & I know of a few others that have run them with good results.
    http://www.milodon.net/new%20images/14200.gif

Fiat48
    Uh,,,Morg,.,,,,you have a Summers gear drive I think. That picture is a Milodon all right...but it for a ford 351C. BBC Milodons have idler in cover.
    Used them all...they all work. Gofastracer is a fan of the Pete Jackson. He will be here with a commercial shortly. LOL.
    Summers and Jackson fit under original cover.
    Milodon, Erson, Donovan all require their cover as idler locates in it.
    There's a copy of the Milodon called a Muldoon (or something like that). Wouldn't be afraid to use that one either. Nor would I be afraid to use the IWIS chain setup out of Austrailia.
    But no damn cloyes.

TIMINATOR
    You didn't specify what engine or why it doesn't fit. If you have a BBChevy, I have several used units with the front cover mounted idler. Call 623-877-8553 TIMINATOR

Uh,,,Morg,.,,,,you have a Summers gear drive I think. That picture is a Milodon all right...but it for a ford 351C. BBC Milodons have idler in cover.
    Used them all...they all work. Gofastracer is a fan of the Pete Jackson. He will be here with a commercial shortly. LOL.
    Summers and Jackson fit under original cover.
    Milodon, Erson, Donovan all require their cover as idler locates in it.
    There's a copy of the Milodon called a Muldoon (or something like that). Wouldn't be afraid to use that one either. Nor would I be afraid to use the IWIS chain setup out of Austrailia.
    But no damn cloyes.
    Knew it was different, thought it was a different model. My bad.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I use a comp billet chain with no issues But then again I have a 300 horse bbc

Doin' Time
    whats wrong with a chain?? i ran many blown alky deal with summersbros. gear drives but why not a chain??? just curious

TIMINATOR
    ELEGANT SOLUTION TO A NONEXISTANT PROBLEM. TIMINATOR (I've run sevens with a Cloyes, but what do I know?)

Doin' Time
    ELEGANT SOLUTION TO A NONEXISTANT PROBLEM. TIMINATOR (I've run sevens with a Cloyes, but what do I know?)
    word - up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast