Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 257 Effect X in HB Classifieds?

1midmagic
    Keith, how is the Larry Peto motor? Do you like it?
    Timinator, I have seen far less than 2000 HP break a B-Max drive. I have also seen a completely stock Bravo 1 handle 800 HP!

Jrocket
    Dean told me yesterday that it would take in excess of 2000 HP to break a B-Max, even if you drive like an idiot. Anybody break one and what were the circumstances and HP? TIMINATOR
    Does Dean get out much?
    BB572 has broke a few 950-1000hp....and a friend of mine with 950hp has broke 2-3 in a VERY short time period.

Jrocket
    Hey Charlie, how you doing?
    Jrocket, I'll get a couple of pictures to you a little later tonight. I need to find all the specs on the motor. That thing only has 25 hrs. on it at the most.
    The motor info is what Im mainly interested in. Jrocket150@aol.com

Robbie Racer
    Keith, how is the Larry Peto motor? Do you like it?
    Timinator, I have seen far less than 2000 HP break a B-Max drive. I have also seen a completely stock Bravo 1 handle 800 HP!
    Hi Bill,
    Which Peto motor are you referring to? I now have two Peto motors. I still have the 580 blower motor that he built that came out of Chris Kellog's old boat and that is a great motor and has been extremely reliable. I have been running my 621" motor that DNE built for me for the last 2 years for the extra power due to the larger cubes. I had Larry rebuild it a few months ago to try and get better ring reliability out of it. Larry thought the lousy ring life might be due to the 4.625" stroke and the heat generation due to spinning it at 6,800. I just took it out for the first time last weekend since he rebuilt it and it runs great but it is too early to tell if the ring reliability will be any better. He did downsize the cam a little to try and get a little better valve train reliability too. I'm hoping that I will be able to get more than one season on a set of rings before I have to rebuild that motor again now. :idea: If the rings don't through this season, I may just replace the 621" motor with the 580" permanently and just use the 621" as a back up.
    I wish you would have been selling your boat back when I bought mine. I could have saved a ton of money.

Jrocket
    If the rings don't through this season, I may just replace the 621" motor with the 580" permanently and just use the 621" as a back up.
    My magic ball just said that the 621 will be just fine and that you should give me a great deal on the 580!

1midmagic
    Robbie Racer,
    Tony Scarlata called me a couple of weeks ago about the boat. He said he wanted to look at it when he comes out for the IHBA Season Opener at Firebird in April. I'm sure you know him. Could you fill him in on any details that you might remember about the boat and put in a good word? The same weekend, April 9th, I have to be in Hollywood for the Barry Meguiar Awards, but I don't have to leave until Saturday morning. Thanks Keith!
    Bill

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345