Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCB Mach22

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    I just picked up an 02 mach22. It looks like it was set up for watersking. It has a 22 prop with holes drilled around prop. The 300x is set as low as you can put it. Took it out for its maiden voyage and was only able to get about in the 72mph range. Where should the moter be set and what prop should i use to get into the mid to high 80's? Seem to need trim at its current setup and it porpis at speed? Is this normal? Will the porpis go away if the motor is set up higher? I have read that the boat should run best with trim around 0, it seems to need trim to about 2.5-3.0 range on the bluewater gauge. HELP

Jrocket
    Look here (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72247)
    Something to read about motor heights.
    Also call dave at DCB and he'll get you set up.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    Good info, ill have to look and see where prop shaft sits in relation to the bottom of the hull. What is the deal with the hole's around the prop. Seems to take a couple of seconds to hook up out of an idle. Are the holes to blame for that, what is there purpose?

Jrocket
    Good info, ill have to look and see where prop shaft sits in relation to the bottom of the hull. What is the deal with the hole's around the prop. Seems to take a couple of seconds to hook up out of an idle. Are the holes to blame for that, what is there purpose?
    Holes help the air get out and break the prop loose.Atleast from what Ive been told.Hooking up out of the hole has alot to do with trim,prop shaft height,prop,etc.
    Tobtek had a boat just like yours,he'll be in here soon to help ya I would imagine.
    Your best bet is to go over to Scream and Fly (http://ScreamandFly.com) . Those guys do nothing but live outboards.

TOBTEK
    here I am .....
    IF you ever want to give me a call and talk about set-up's fill free at 760-753-6301 HARLOFF BMW. I sold my 2003 MACH22 with a 03 300x back around Christmas time :frown: was an great boat, the new owner is a lurker on here, but doesn't post. I tried everything from an 24-30 bravo one, 26-30 ET's, THE BEST ALL AROUND prop I had was a VERY worked over 26 Bravo one with MASSIVE vent holes...from blade to blade! came out of the hole very hard and still would pull mid 80's all the time, and our 22 was NO light weight! big,big stereo, two stereo batteries, one for the motor. NOT a light lay-up...ect You should contact Jeff ( if I remember correct) at R&R prop shop in Henderson Nv, he did wounders with a few of my prop's. The BEST my 22 ever saw was just a tick over 90 with a 30ET on it, and EVERYTHING was out of the boat ( even had to hang half of my left butt cheek out!) did anyone answer the vent hole question for you yet?....toby
    PS: congrat's on your new boat....now IF I could just get WW to loan me the 50K for the 26 here in town

phebus
    Also, before you rely on the numbers on your Bluewater gauge as far as trim numbers go, trim the motor to a neutral position with the drive parallal to the bottom of the boat and see what number it is on.
    When my propshaft is parallel to the bottom of the boat, my Bluewater trim gauge is on +1.
    The numbers are relative to neutral trim.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    thanks for the info, hey tobek whats the deal with the vent holes? where is the rev limiter set on the 300x? ive heard 6100, 6400, and 6800? where did you boat run best as far as trim goes?

cheezpanel
    I run a labbed 28Bravo II and a 24 BravoII for pulling the kids. With 3-4 people I think close to 80mph was about tops with the 28. My propshaft sits even with the bottom of the boat...seems to run best at about 1.5 on the trim gauge. I don't really push it as far as speed goes. Congrats on the new boat! Do you have pics?

HavasuDreamin'
    Your prop is too small and the motor is too low. Fix those two items and you will be in the 80's.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    No pics yet. Looks like high 80's at the river next week. Think ill head up wed. see if i can get it into lakeland for a quick service and have them lift the moter. Do they have props in stock, are they reasonable? I can pick one up at teague by my house for 500? Thanks for the info everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast