Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ?

Blown509Liberator
    Duane HTP
    Man that Hull looks just like my liberator
    It look like it has a high freeboard in the rear of the boat just like mine.
    [This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited January 24, 2002).]

beached1
    Originally posted by HBjet:
    PS. Everyone reading on, lets get your views on this. I would be happy to see what our other boaters think.
    I know some don't care, and feel free to post that too.
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited January 23, 2002).]
    Well Randy, as you may know I don't know dick about drag boat racing. So my opinion on this is totaly from a "Layman's" point of view. I may have forgotten some of the posts on this subject but here's how I see it. The bottom line is, your boat runs and Chet's doesn't. How can he make any claim on what works. He hasn't tried anything that he claims to yet. Right now, my 21' Omega with a stock 454 and Jacuzzi WJ can kick his ass. Another thing is he is inconsistant with his HP claims. 600hp, 675, 700, do I her 8? Has he dyno'd it? Also, I recall him saying that he changed the bottom of his hull because he "Heard through the grapevine that it works". WTF? If I were to do something like that, I would want to here it from the guy who has raced it himself and swears by it. Even then I would still be skeptical. One last point, i don't think you were bashing Agressor so much as you were Chet. Chet calls you the MPD coffee queen, but he's just as bad(or good however you want to look at it) about Agressor. The two things that set yourselves apart are the fact that you have tried what what your pump has done for you and Chet has not.

Duane HTP1
    "I just think your situation is unique because those results wouldn't be the same for everyone."
    I'm glad to see that you understand this. I did not say every 700+ hp boat would gain 9 npm. "EVERY" boat is unique.
    " I would like to know what bowl and mpeller were you running before the change"
    It was the same size impeller and the bowl that came with the ATJ Pump.
    "what condition were they in?"
    Excellent Condition.
    "Wasn't the second pic taken from the "Smoken in the Cove" drag boat races in Arkansas? "
    Yes.
    " Well, see the tip of the orange boat in the bottom left corner of the photo,"
    Yes, that is Jerry Hick's boat. He is a fine fellow and runs one of our JETAWAYs on his boat. He probably should have won that race, but he was eliminated by a red light, just as was Crazy Dreams, (the second place runner up). While on the subject, Crazy Dreams,(Roger Leas of Climax Springs, MO),runs one of our Aggressor Impellers. He won the PE Class (8 sec - 32 boats qualified)
    at the World Finals at Firebird this fall.
    "Anyway, I just wanted to know if that was your Blown red daytona that says HI-TECH PERFORMANCE."
    No, That boat belongs to Rick Mott of Independence KS. He is running my old lake motor out of the brown 23 ft'er. (steel rod & heads, cast iron Chevy, w/a B&M Mega Blower). He is a good driver and has 6 National Hi-Points Championships under his belt with this set up in the TE Class. We help sponsor him with Aggressor parts.
    There are a lot of good pump builders around this Great Country of ours. And the reason this Country is so Great, is because we have the freedom to choose the pump builder of our individual choice. It is not that one is wrong, and that one is right. Each pump builder has the combination of parts of his choice, and the expertise that works well for them.
    Duane HTP

AGGRESSOR JETS
    H.B. "This is a forum"- But you get "down right" mean over a personal thing with someone! I called and talked to Steve (Don's Son)@ Dons Pump Service (Dons out of town) about your Junk comment. Steve says thats not his Dad ! and will ask when he gets back. Your comment about Jet Performance or Performance Jet Says -Jet Performance "WHO?" 9 builders this could be, Can you tie it down with the full name & City.
    As to Harold Bruce R & D. Its a Fact Harold Runs a Aggressor Impeller- Harold also Runs a Berkeley Bowl- Harold has asked for a 9 Vane Bowl & Pump from us and as right now I have not replaced the one he had for installation which he gave to Dan Kirkman for his boat. Harold ran our 11 Vane bowl and ran a 7.39 ET with this bowl. As Harold did not fatten his motor up on the run He put a quarter size hole in one piston at 1/2 to 5/8 track. YET still showed a personal best 7.39 ET. You need to take your talk to the Race Track- You earn a Jacket that says High Points Champion- There is no Mistake who holds "what" when you see the Jacket!
    The Pump Co. you rave about I have yet to see one of thier Pumps in a Drag Boat or at the Races, "could there be a reason" I do see most others. NOW STOP TURNING THIS FORUM INTO A RAG!

rivercrazy
    ZZzzz ZZzzz

Eric
    Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
    NOW STOP TURNING THIS FORUM INTO A RAG!
    NOW STOP TURNING THIS FORUM INTO AN AGGRESSOR MARKETING TOOL!

flat broke
    You need to take your talk to the Race Track- You earn a Jacket that says High Points Champion- There is no Mistake who holds "what" when you see the Jacket!
    The Pump Co. you rave about I have yet to see one of thier Pumps in a Drag Boat or at the Races, "could there be a reason" I do see most others. NOW STOP TURNING THIS FORUM INTO A RAG!
    Dave,
    You should really lighten up. In case you can't tell, Randy hasn't been bashing Aggressor, just Chet for his ill founded claims. As a consumer, when I see a manufacturer come in and represent themselves on the boards, I think its great. When I see them start to swap personal blows with others on the forum and make vauge statements that only feed the fire [The Pump Co. you rave about I have yet to see one of thier Pumps in a Drag Boat or at the Races, "could there be a reason" I do see most others.], I think you'll start losing customers. These are just my opinions but I can tell you that if I understood correctly and the statement quoted above was in reference to Berkley, you need to look a little harder. In watching this whole thread unfold,I'd say you picked a bad time to jump in and are defending a position that is not even at stake. I know you do not want to let Aggressor be represented in a bad light, but at this point, you're only contributing to your own problem.
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

HBjet
    H.B. "This is a forum"- But you get "down right" mean over a personal thing with someone! I called and talked to Steve (Don's Son)@ Dons Pump Service (Dons out of town) about your Junk comment. Steve says thats not his Dad ! and will ask when he gets back.
    I did call Don's Pump (I don't remember who I spoke with} but I was recommend not to use Aggressor impellers. I was told that he has had too many returns on them. I added the comment (there junk) because that is basically what I got out of the reason not to use them (aluminum that is)
    Your comment about Jet Performance or Performance Jet Says -Jet Performance "WHO?" 9 builders this could be, Can you tie it down with the full name & City.
    I'm lost and have no idea what your talking about here.
    As to Harold Bruce R & D. Its a Fact Harold Runs a Aggressor Impeller- Harold also Runs a Berkeley Bowl- Harold has asked for a 9 Vane Bowl & Pump from us and as right now I have not replaced the one he had for installation which he gave to Dan Kirkman for his boat. Harold ran our 11 Vane bowl and ran a 7.39 ET with this bowl. As Harold did not fatten his motor up on the run He put a quarter size hole in one piston at 1/2 to 5/8 track. YET still showed a personal best 7.39 ET. You need to take your talk to the Race Track- You earn a Jacket that says High Points Champion- There is no Mistake who holds "what" when you see the Jacket!
    Hey, relax Dave, look at what I said "I don't know about the impeller but I can say I do know the bowl and suction piece are not Aggressor." and if you want me to email you a photo of the boat I will be happy to.
    Are you talking about Legend pumps? I don't rave about any one pump as compared to our friend Chet. Your saying no drag racer is running Legend? Man are you sheltered. Now if your talking about MPD who does pump work for racing and pleasure, you are very much mistaken, or clueless for that matter.
    Thanks again for your input Dave, but let's put your money where your mouth is and test your choice of bowl and impeller combo (right out of the box) on a blown 1000hp 19' Ultra Shadow against an out of the box Berkeley JG and Legend Stainless A cut out of the box impeller. I have no idea what the results will be, but I think everyone would be interested in knowing what they are. Here is the link so you can reply.
    Dave Aggressor lets put your parts to the test! (http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001757.html)
    HBjet http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

rivercrazy
    Flat Broke has it exactly correct in his last post.
    Again, HBJ was just posting his satisfaction with MPD and Chet came in guns ablazing talking crap and being a cheerleader for Aggressor. That and his posts are, at times, not-logical. Again Chet is doing you more dis-service than anyone on the boards...

AGGRESSOR JETS
    To Your Challange ? see part 2 of this message with my number. Dave
    I apologize to any others I may have cut short in my direction's aim at H.B.
    But h.b. called our product "Junk on this forum" and stated anothers name in doing so. Dons Pump. (we are a dealer for Don and this is not how Don does business). I believe in Aggressor with all my heart, what we have done and are doing.
    Aggressor gives back to its customer @ $35,000.00 per year available to the Racer-
    We dont'demand our product usage, we JUST do it to help.
    This year our IHBA Program enters its 5th year,and we are trying to set one up for NJBA.
    Go to anyone that has bought a product of ours or asked for help(not second hand used) Aggressor has been there for them. Our Owner started this company for fun and after designing and building pump products for 45 years, felt the industry had been ignored for 30 years in design standards.
    I don't have a gun to my head on Aggressor Sales (compaired to Major Brass Foundary Corp. Aggressor amounts to 3% of Gross).
    What we do have is Pride in what we do, how we do it and how we treat our customers.
    To those that want more, flow/ thrust/we got it and you dont require a blue print job to make it work.
    To Those that need blue printing "It works better"
    To those that want to Bust Balls on Companys through this forum -Your a Cheap Shot- You dont even pay for this forum. Those listed on the front do!- I don't have time to set here & defend myself or Aggressor on this forum from false statements. Yet I dont want to stop your freedom from discussion- Get It right. Thank You Dave Aggressor (888)246-5075)
    Second:
    To the One that offered a challange of "Test off"- here we go:
    1) I would like it done at the Races.
    2)Set up changes will be by TOM Papp and all Aggressor Products will be provided by Tom.
    You can bring your guy to!
    3)You put the Retail Price -UP Front
    A)Mag.Bronze Impeller $695.00 your Horsepower- thats all you need.
    if you want a 17-4 Stainless $1350.00 your call
    4)The New Aggressor Designed 7Vane Bowl & 9Vane Bowl will both be brought to find your best Performance range. Price Complete with greese fitting, seal, bushings $598.50 7 or 9
    Vane.
    5)Upon completion of test- You Buy any that run Quicker or faster if Aggressor!
    and if the package ends up Aggressor You Put Our Decals & Keep on your Boat 1) Year.
    P/S Dual Drive has been testing the last 2 weeks "it works and is strong"

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast