Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mail order parts

Bubbledeck
    I just got off the phone from ordering some parts for my boat from a major boat parts place. I thought the sales guy was great, the advice good, and the price was right. We don't have any places here local that stock much of anything or I'd support the locals.
    I was just wondering what everyone elses experience with mail order has been.

Racing Ray
    I have had good luck with Jeg's and bad with Summit. I have heard Summit has improved but don't care to try it again. Lopers our local speed shop was quoted 4 weeks delivery on some new marine heads I just ordered, Jegs had them in stock so I had them ship them. For the most part we can get just about anything here in the Phoenix area so I to try to support local business when I can.

kingb36
    Ray, Is that Johnny Loper that used to drive funnys in NHRA? Just curious.
    bill

froggystyle
    Since Summit got the Nevada distribution warehouse, I have had nothing but love from them. I tried Jeg's once, they were fine, but have not had a problem with Summit.

Racing Ray
    kingb
    Yes it is the same John. Him and his sons James and Johnny run 3 shops here in Az. Froggy glad to hear again Summit has improved. They invest a lot of money sponsoring sportsman racing maybe I will try them again.

Havasu Hangin'
    Summit has been good to me, too. Can't beat the good prices, no tax, $6.95 handling, no shipping charges, and shows up in two days from Nevada. Never had a problem with returns or customer service, as well.
    The marine stuff normally isn't listed, so I usually get the part number from the manufacturer.

Bubbledeck
    the place I ordered from was CP Performance .. I needed steering and reverse cables for a possible OP6C adventure heheh ..
    I had heard some things about them, but was very pleased with my experience. The parts should be here Tues-Weds. They had a good price on the Place diverter that I want soooooooo bad lol

skijake
    I've had good luck with with mail order.
    Just ordered a few gauges from CP Performance. If I make an expensive order from someone in Calif. I have them ship it to Az, where we keep our RV, saves the sales tax that way also another reason to go to the river to get the parts.

Bubbledeck
    My parts were promised to be delivered to me on Tuesday or Wednesday ... this is Wednesday and I have no parts :-(

Cas42
    I was in CP today, if I had known, I would've asked about your order. I live about 20 miles or so from where they are located.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast