Thread: You Crazy Texans!

BLEWBAYOU1
    Boater Rescued After Going Over Texas Dam.
    AUSTIN, Texas (March 9) - A boater got the ride of his life when he fell overboard and was swept through a floodgate of a dam.
    Authorities said the man and a female companion were boating on Lake Austin on Monday when the boat's motor quit and the current carried the boat up against the Tom Miller Dam.
    A security guard atop the dam threw a rope to the woman and guided her to a rescue boat, but Dirk Hoekstra fell into the water.
    ''A second later is when my feet got sucked in by the water gate and that's when I went through,'' Hoekstra told CNN.
    He said he managed to take a good breath before he went under.
    ''It was twisting me around like a rag doll and threw my arms all over the place and it just keeps flipping me from whirlpool to whirlpool,'' Hoekstra said.
    He said he surfaced a quarter- to a half-mile downstream from the dam, made his way to a house on shore and called 911.
    He ''is one of the luckiest persons in Austin right now,'' said Bryan Fitzpatrick of the Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services.
    03-09-05 1215EST
    The things peaple do to get on TV.
    Brian

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I saw this on TV. the boat ended up going thru the floodgate also if I remember correct :jawdrop: I wonder how far of a fall it was for him? definitely a lucky guy
    Omega

BLEWBAYOU1
    I saw this on TV. the boat ended up going thru the floodgate also if I remember correct :jawdrop: I wonder how far of a fall it was for him? definitely a lucky guy
    Omega
    He said it was about a 100' fall.
    Brian :shift:

Greaser
    You know us Texans, always lookin fer a new way to get a thrill :hammer2:

sdba069
    Hey Bubba.......... Watch this
    Wasn't born in Texas, but got here as quick as I could !!!
    and my second favorite
    American by birth, Southern by the grace of God !!!

jdf
    aren't you from okla snowman hahahaahahhaah

sdba069
    Not hardly, although I did marry one of those Okies and ended up living there about 10 years. Philadelphia. Mississippi is where I call home, actually. But this Brazos River flowing through my front yard has kinda grown on me.