Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 x 9's Question

kevnmcd
    I'm looking at replacing my 4 Pioneer 6 x 9's, I think they're Model: KFC-6969ie or maybe an earlier version with something that can handle a bit more power and last a little longer. For power I currently have a RF Punch 500 four channel amp powering the 6 x 9's and a RF DB600 powering two 10" HE2s in a sealed encloser in the rear seat base. I know this isn't a hard core system by any means but I don't need or want to spend mega bucks on a highend system, just something that I can blast a little while at the lake.
    Your thoughts?
    Can I have your old ones? :idea:

beer hunter
    Hey stranger, I saw your new pool getting gunited (sp) today----- Maybe

ROZ
    I can't believe you just said that :cry:

kevnmcd
    Hey stranger, I saw your new pool getting gunited (sp) today----- Maybe
    Yep....it is progressing. Hopefully it will have water in it in about 2 months.
    For a couple of speakers.....I might just let you swim in it when it is finished.

Phat Matt
    Matt, how much power (RMS) are you pushing them with?
    RMS Power at 12V
    70W x 4 @ 2 ohms
    RMS Power at 14.4V
    100W x 4 @ 2 ohms
    Each channel is running a pair so they are at 2 ohms. They are plenty loud enough and sound really clear.
    Infinity 6x9 - $135 (http://www.discountsjungle.com/in6935i6x93w.html)

rivercrazy
    Actually those Infinity Kappa's are pretty efficient. You don't need to give them max recommended RMS power for good volume and sound quality. I just know they take the max recommended power without breaking a sweat....
    Its actually your amp that sees the 2 ohm load if you wire 4 4 ohm speakers in parallel. The amp will put out almost 2x the power at 2 ohms than at 4 ohms. In good amplifer designs, this does not present too much of a problem as they are designed to run at those impedences. However, some A/B class amps will run quite hot even though they are rated for 2 ohm loads. Fosgates are well known for the heat they generate.
    But bottom line is the Infinities would be fine with the amount of power coming from your RF at 4 ohms

PC Rat
    Anybody used the Boston Acoustics SL95 or the FX93?
    Brian

INSman
    I'm looking at replacing my 4 Pioneer 6 x 9's, I think they're Model: KFC-6969ie or maybe an earlier version with something that can handle a bit more power and last a little longer. For power I currently have a RF Punch 500 four channel amp powering the 6 x 9's and a RF DB600 powering two 10" HE2s in a sealed encloser in the rear seat base. I know this isn't a hard core system by any means but I don't need or want to spend mega bucks on a highend system, just something that I can blast a little while at the lake.
    Your thoughts?
    Hunter
    I am putting a few Polk Momo 6.5 coax's and a few Polk Momo 6x9's in my new Shockwave. You may want to pop your head in within the next few weeks and maybe get a listen ??!!?? :jawdrop:

Phat Matt
    Hunter
    You may want to poop your head... :jawdrop:
    :supp: :hammer2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12