Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices Suck! What about Bio Fuel???

cdog
    I'm no hippy here, but one of the reasons i'm looking forward to getting a duramax HD is the option of using Veggie oil to run the thing. Fact is the deisel engine was designed to run on penut oil and it works just the same, only smells better. Willie Nelson and Jack Johnson run it in their tour busses. I've seen kits for sale that convert to veggie oil once you warm the engine on the reg fuel. Anyone seen this yet or had any experiances? If not do a search for biofuel.

Racer277
    Yeah, I got a buddy up here talking me into going in on a still with him. I doubted most of his claims, as it sounds too good to be true. Well talked to a few auto engineers (degrees and everything), and they agreed with all of his claims. Cleaner, quieter, smoother, better in every way for the engine.
    He says we make 55gal. in 2 days. I don't see much down side now.
    I'll let you know the outcome when I get going with him.

riverbound
    Smells better???? Like Penaut butter or roasted peanuts?

cdog
    Yeah, I got a buddy up here talking me into going in on a still with him. I doubted most of his claims, as it sounds too good to be true. Well talked to a few auto engineers (degrees and everything), and they agreed with all of his claims. Cleaner, quieter, smoother, better in every way for the engine.
    He says we make 55gal. in 2 days. I don't see much down side now.
    I'll let you know the outcome when I get going with him.
    Looks to be what we should be running. I wonder what the goverment will do when everyone with diesels has a gas still on the side of their home. Moonshine Fuel.

cdog
    Smells better???? Like Penaut butter or roasted peanuts?
    They say the used vegetable oil from resturaunts smells like french fries.

Racer277
    They say the used vegetable oil from resturaunts smells like french fries.
    Yeah, that's our plan. So I smell like the kid that works at WacArnolds and gets rolled for his paycheck. I'll still be chillin at the river on cheap gas! F them if they want to tax me by the mile!

cdog
    Yeah, that's our plan. So I smell like the kid that works at WacArnolds and gets rolled for his paycheck. I'll still be chillin at the river on cheap gas! F them if they want to tax me by the mile!
    Do you have a link or website where your buying your still? Be sure to wear your jean overalls and flannel shirt with the arms ripped out when working on the still. That way you look like a real stills man. :smile:

Freak
    It possible to run either bio-diesel --- which you can make with used cooking oil and currently is widely available for free from your local restaurants. Racing methanol is about $2.50 per gallon, but you only need 1/5th of a gallon for every gallon of biodiesel. Lye is about $5/lb. at the hardware store, but closer to $3/lb. in 25lb. bulk bags. You need about 1.5lbs/40 gal.
    Or run veg oil. Fire the truck up on diesel, switch over to grease - a few miles to destinination switch back to diesel. Don't forget to switch back or you will have trouble starting her backup.
    I know of a couple people doing it.

Freak
    Do you have a link or website where your buying your still? Be sure to wear your jean overalls and flannel shirt with the arms ripped out when working on the still. That way you look like a real stills man. :smile:
    http://www.biodieselsolutions.com/home/home.asp for a still.

Freak
    My suggestion is to look at what they have in the setup still and make your own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast