Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Savage Marine Mufflers W/ Teague 800

UnionJack
    Well Steve installed my mufflers this morning, and pre-mufflers....
    Operating Range 1000-1200 rpm
    50' 89.6 California Test
    91.4 Arizona Test
    After mufflers
    50' 86.9 California Test
    87.1 Arizona Test

OutCole'd
    Well Steve installed my mufflers this morning, and pre-mufflers....
    Operating Range 1000-1200 rpm
    50' 89.6 California Test
    91.4 Arizona Test
    After mufflers
    50' 86.9 California Test
    87.1 Arizona Test
    Any rpm lost?

SPECTRABRENT
    What do the mufflers look like?
    Brent

UnionJack
    They are inserts, so non-visible.... unknown rpm loss, I will find out tomorrow about the rpm thing, and I will try to launch at the marina for fun

OutCole'd
    They are inserts, so non-visible.... unknown rpm loss, I will find out tomorrow about the rpm thing, and I will try to launch at the marina for fun
    Sounds good. Please post some results when you can.

Bre
    Thank f-en god. We will be getting ours Easter weekend
    Kelly....when you read this call my ass back :hammerhea :wink:

UnionJack
    Bre... I saw your mufflers when I was at savage on saturday...WOW they were nice :supp:
    Well on saturday I attempted the launch at the marina for the hell of it. When we got to the gate they asked if I had passed there inspection yet (NO) so they said head down to the ramp and someone would be waiting. When we got to the bottom they had it all set-up we put "Jack" in the water and the guy said fire her up and let her warm-up. After a couple of minutes of warming he sat right off the back of the boat, and I saw db's from 83.5 to 89.1, the guy (who by the way was really cool) said throw her in forward to see if she would quite down.... NO 90.3 db's. He said he was sorry and I couldn't launch.
    So we pulled out got our refund and headed windsor with season pass in hand and launched with no problems. I had a 28 Magic deck w/a 496 launching next to me and I must say my boat was quiter. The Mufflers are awesome, non-bolt-on so they don't look like "shite" and the boat has a great sound. We ran her up on saturday and normal top speeds at 113 @ 5950 rpm, so no loss there.
    Well what else is there, I am very happy with the Savage inserts, price and performance, for those of us without swim steps I highly recommed them, when I called Savage it took less then a week to get hooked up.

OutCole'd
    Bre... I saw your mufflers when I was at savage on saturday...WOW they were nice :supp:
    Well on saturday I attempted the launch at the marina for the hell of it. When we got to the gate they asked if I had passed there inspection yet (NO) so they said head down to the ramp and someone would be waiting. When we got to the bottom they had it all set-up we put "Jack" in the water and the guy said fire her up and let her warm-up. After a couple of minutes of warming he sat right off the back of the boat, and I saw db's from 83.5 to 89.1, the guy (who by the way was really cool) said throw her in forward to see if she would quite down.... NO 90.3 db's. He said he was sorry and I couldn't launch.
    So we pulled out got our refund and headed windsor with season pass in hand and launched with no problems. I had a 28 Magic deck w/a 496 launching next to me and I must say my boat was quiter. The Mufflers are awesome, non-bolt-on so they don't look like "shite" and the boat has a great sound. We ran her up on saturday and normal top speeds at 113 @ 5950 rpm, so no loss there.
    Well what else is there, I am very happy with the Savage inserts, price and performance, for those of us without swim steps I highly recommed them, when I called Savage it took less then a week to get hooked up.
    That's with 800 ponies. I wonder what the Savage mufflers would do with only 525???
    Kelly, I know your out there....

Havasu Hangin'
    A legal boat was denied launching at the Marina?
    Shocking...
    :notam:

Essex502
    Yep....yet again...another LEGAL boat denied. Wait until Summer is in full swing and Windsor is full. Then what?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast