I need more holeshot! I have a 1991 19' Caribbean with a Berkely pump, place diverter, A impeller, and stock 333 HP 454, and thru transom exhaust. The carb is a 650 Holley with vacuum secondaries (and I have experimented with the spring kit--not much difference). I have a low profile, single plane, spread bore pattern intake manifold matched to a standard pattern carb with an adapter. The timing is advanced slightly to improve throttle response. The jet pump has never been blue-printed; it has no leaks and no slippage. I presently top out at around 55-60 mph (not GPS) at around 4700 rpm. I do not mind losing some top speed for an improvement in holeshot. My mechanic says I should be able to pull up two single-ski skiers with not too much problem--but the boat has a tough time popping out one skier. I don't want to spend very much money--I want to stay away from a cam change etc. Would a dual plane spread bore intake manifold matched up to a 650-700 Holley double pumper (with matching spread bore pattern) do the trick? Or do I need a different impeller? Or both? Help!