Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kill Switch Wiring?

BADBLOWN572
    It is an extremely simple fix. The kill switches break the ignition wire after the switches. Take out the two kill switches and splice the wires together to make both sets of wires to run to one switch. That way when the switch is off position both engines will not start and if you are running, both engines will shut down. Simple.
    Here is a rough diagram on what you need to do.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...598wiring1.jpg

Dntnosht
    I want to wire one emergency kill switch to operate both my motors instead of using two switches. The company instructions for the switch says I must use two switches but I am sure there is a way to wire it so it will either allow both to operate or kill both. Any ideas???
    whatever you do do not do what bad blown just told you as this will tie both of your ignition systems together.this will result in either key switch igniting both sets of gauges & both motors. this is simple. either do the diodes as recommended before or get a dual lanyard stop switch which is allready set up for both motors.but DO NOT TIE YOUR IGNITION WIRES TOGETHER!!!!!!!

Dntnosht
    It is an extremely simple fix. The kill switches break the ignition wire after the switches. Take out the two kill switches and splice the wires together to make both sets of wires to run to one switch. That way when the switch is off position both engines will not start and if you are running, both engines will shut down. Simple.
    Here is a rough diagram on what you need to do.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...598wiring1.jpg
    NICE ROUGH DIAGRAM THOUGH

cruser
    So why not put the kill switch on the common 12v supply to the ignition switches? No diodes needed, simple solution as far as I can see. What am I missing?

Havasu Hangin'
    So why not put the kill switch on the common 12v supply to the ignition switches? No diodes needed, simple solution as far as I can see. What am I missing?
    That's too simple...we need to be more complicated than that!
    Actually, that would work, but most two engine boats have the 12 volt circuits separate (in case one engine trips the breaker, it won't kill the other).
    It would work if you ran one 12+ constant from each motor to the switch, but put a diode inline to keep the circuit from feeding each other.

shockwavebd
    You can buy a two motor switch....with one pull cord....call dana they have them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12