Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any camp grounds in Martinez

TBONE1904
    Are there any public camping grounds on the river at Martinez similar to Mayflower in Blythe. At Mayflower you can get a spot for a motorhome for $15.00 a day and they have a launch ramp and showers. Any low-budget place to stay and launch at Martinez?

Screaming Pete
    Yes thier are dry camps you can use for about 10-15$ or3$ per person. no reservations required they are close to the store and docks and have a sewer dump for $5 bucks and bathroom and showers (coin opp) some times you can call the boat shop and get a spot with hook ups

BarryMac
    Are there any public camping grounds on the river at Martinez similar to Mayflower in Blythe. At Mayflower you can get a spot for a motorhome for $15.00 a day and they have a launch ramp and showers. Any low-budget place to stay and launch at Martinez?
    My parents stayed at the little RV Park in Martinez last two weekends ago, the spost had full hook-ups and they were about $25.00 a night, they aren't the prettiest but will suffice if all you are looking for is a place to lay your head at night and shower in the morning. You can call one of these numbers for Reservations (928) 783-9589 or (800) 876-7004. There are also spots in Fishers that have hook-ups.

TBONE1904
    cool I called fishers they said most of the RV spots are already rented, but they have camping spots. All I am really looking for is a place to setup up a couple tents, BBQ, launch ramp, and park my boat and truck somewhere safe and close to me. I have only been to Martinez once and we stayed in a big rental right by the bar. It was my freinds bachelor party , so i didnt bring the boat we all rented a pontoon boat to take to the sandbar. needless to say my memory of the place is foggy!! This year I would like to start goin here allot, as it is closest to SD

AvengerBabe
    cool I called fishers they said most of the RV spots are already rented, but they have camping spots. All I am really looking for is a place to setup up a couple tents, BBQ, launch ramp, and park my boat and truck somewhere safe and close to me. I have only been to Martinez once and we stayed in a big rental right by the bar. It was my freinds bachelor party , so i didnt bring the boat we all rented a pontoon boat to take to the sandbar. needless to say my memory of the place is foggy!! This year I would like to start goin here allot, as it is closest to SD
    If you are planning on sleeping in a tent, i would just recommend renting a bungalow and cramming a bunch of people into it so it is cheap. I personally would not sleep in a tent on the landing strip b/c of scorpions and red ants. If you have a truck, just sleep in the bed of it out there or get a cot. As long as you are off the ground you should be fine, but those red ants are vicious. Depends when you go, but during certain times of the season the temperature does not drop below 90 at night--makes camping miserable! We used to stay in the bungalows every other weekend. They are dumps, but its a place to pass out for a couple of hours between hitting the bar and going out on the water again the next day (they have great air conditioning too!). We've moved up this year.... no more camping for me! We'll be comfy in our new trailer!

TBONE1904
    I am up for sleeping in the back of the truck. Where can I park the truck and trailer, that has a launch ramp, maybe a store/bar, and some showers?

TBONE1904
    where are the bugaloos? Is there a ramp, and a place to park the truck and boat? How much are the bugaloos?If you are planning on sleeping in a tent, i would just recommend renting a bungalow and cramming a bunch of people into it so it is cheap. I personally would not sleep in a tent on the landing strip b/c of scorpions and red ants. If you have a truck, just sleep in the bed of it out there or get a cot. As long as you are off the ground you should be fine, but those red ants are vicious. Depends when you go, but during certain times of the season the temperature does not drop below 90 at night--makes camping miserable! We used to stay in the bungalows every other weekend. They are dumps, but its a place to pass out for a couple of hours between hitting the bar and going out on the water again the next day (they have great air conditioning too!). We've moved up this year.... no more camping for me! We'll be comfy in our new trailer!

AvengerBabe
    where are the bugaloos? Is there a ramp, and a place to park the truck and boat? How much are the bugaloos?
    The bungalows are the one room places with the decks out front across the parking lot from the bar.... The rates vary. On a regular weekend they are $100 a night and on a holiday weekend the jack the rates up to $125 a night. They may have changed the rates this year, I'm not sure. Its worth the price though (especially if you get a couple of people to go in on them with you). Good location, near the bar and also close to the ramp. They have their own parking on the side for the boat trailer and spaces in front for your truck.

TBONE1904
    ok i know what your are talking about...they have 2 queen beds in there and a bathroom. we stayed in the house on the north side right next to the bar. I better gfind a phone number

BarryMac
    For camping another option is Squaw Lake, just up from the dam on the Cali side, the campground is nice, they have clean bathrooms, showers and one of the better ramps on the Lower Colorado, we stay there when we camp, I think the camping rate is $15.00 a night and launch is $5.00 a day...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast