Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Shoemaker or other Jet Guru's

got river?
    Rivercrazy,
    I have an A impellar with Berk pump that has been blue printed by MPD. I am happy with the results, but it may not be the best option for every application. Be sure to post what you end up deciding on and how it turns out.

77charger
    Originally posted by RiverDave2:
    I'd grind off the fins on either side of the pump intake as an experiment first. How much does one of those intake grates cost?
    (keep in mind I dunno nothin about jets)
    RD
    i thought you know that they are ineffecient and dont go faster than 40mph.lol,hehehehe

77charger
    Originally posted by shockwaveharry:
    Don't grind the fins. I was recently talking to a guy in Blythe that lives for this kind of stuff. He was telling me about the time he took the fins off his 19' Eliminator and the boat got so squirrelly it swapped ends at 50 MPH! This is second hand information so confirm it with someone who knows for sure.
    VERYTRUE the fins were broken off my pump years ago never fixed and my boat gets very squirly at top speed or over 50.On glassy water it is ok provided you dont let off the gas suddenly or hit another wake sideways.My pump is at mpd right now getting this problem fixed and repaired from runnin aground on a sand bar.jets dont like 1 foot deep water.

Slick
    Dave,
    Our boats are basically the same. We'll take a spin in mine once I get her done. I'm having an inducer added during the pump rebuild. That way you can see for yourself if it's worth the $$.
    Later
    Slick

rivercrazy
    Thanks Slick! Our bottom designs are pretty much the same.
    The problem isn't that big of a deal. Its pretty minor. I was just looking to minor fine tuning. My only concern with this is letting someone else who is not experienced drive the boat. I don't have a rev limiter!

Slick
    Someone else shouldn't be turning hard enough to blow out the pump anyway.

racingrascal
    Originally posted by Slick:
    Someone else shouldn't be turning hard enough to blow out the pump anyway.
    That's right, if someone else other then you or Jen is driving your boat they shouldn't driving it that hard!
    Andy

rivercrazy
    You guys don't know some of my friends! I have a 19' mastercraft for a while. One of my friends didn't judge a turn correctly and this resulted in taking out the prop, strut, propshaft, and rudder. It wasn't cheap to repair either.

beached1
    Originally posted by shockwaveharry:
    Don't grind the fins. I was recently talking to a guy in Blythe that lives for this kind of stuff.
    You wouldn't be talking about Brad Cooper of River Speed and Sport would you?

DOHARA
    RIVERCRAZY, I have the same pump in my boat, 20ft open bow. I have never had the pump blow out on a turn . I think your putting boat above what it's intended for. Power thru your turns a little easier. You can also explode the impellor fins or over rev and damage engine if you keep it up. just my 2 Cents.
    DANO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast