Thread: Bahner

squirt
    Just wanted to know does anyone have a opnion on Bahner boats. This one has Berkley pump and 454. 427 squirt won't make it this summer and I have a chance to pick up the Bahner for the summer or might just keep it. Would like to know if the is a worth it boat. thanks Don

ULTRA28
    I now have most of the old Bahner molds. They are excellent boats, Rod did a good job on most of the boats he built. What model is it and how much is it going for?

squirt
    well I'm not all that sure yet. I do know it's 18'-19' bubble deck and as I said has a 454 don't know hp, heads, compression ratio, cam. It has a berkley but don't yet know model. I looked at this one 2.5 years ago and it looks like it hasn't moved since.this thing has alot of extras with the boat but until I can inspect it closely I don't know the price. I spent a day in a 1984 bubble deck bahner at berryessa once and thought that boat was great but then at the time I was a i-o owner. I'm hoping to know more tommrow or saturday until then I'm chomping at the bit !!!!!

telescan
    Originally posted by ULTRA28:
    I now have most of the old Bahner molds. They are excellent boats, Rod did a good job on most of the boats he built. What model is it and how much is it going for?

telescan
    ULTRA28, I purchase a 21' Bahner a couple of years ago and wondered if you knew what engine most came with? Mine has an Olds 403 and seems a little slow (43mph@4200rpm)but great other than that. Originally posted by ULTRA28:

ULTRA28
    Depends on what year, many of the boats he built the customer would supply their own power plant. Most 21' boats had 454s in them, should do about 55 at 4700 rpm with an a cut impellar.

squirt
    Hi Ultra well I bought the bahner and now I'm busy going through it. pink slip says 19' bubble deck it has 12jc a pump and stock I think454. When they put the stock 454 in them was it about 330hp (oval ports)? Did you buy the molds to re-release some models. I paid 5K for the boat with a 91 650 jet ski and a hydrolic lift trailer. Thanks Don

ULTRA28
    They were rated at 330 hp and did have they oval port heads. That is an unbelievable deal on the boat. It should do about 65 mph at 4700 rpm if everything is tight. I have all the molds, but don't use them much, I haven't done a 19' bubbledeck since 96, there isn't any profit in the small boats any more, they cost just about the same as a 21' boat to build and nobody wants to pay 30+k for a 19' boat?