Thread: Charity Poker Run on Kentucky Lake - July 2

dean51267
    Hey guys, we are putting together a July 2nd Poker Run at Kentucky Lake, we are about 1 hr and 40 minutes North West of Nashville, and if you follow I-24 it puts you within 5 minutes form the marina. We plan on getting the local volunteer fire department to break out the giant BBQ cooker, and have a great weekend.
    We are raising money for local childrenÂ’s home, they take kids in when the state has stepped in and removed a kid from a home, and provide a "boys home" type environment. The state will provide for these kids basic treatment and basic living cost, but no more. My company provides a couple of things for them a year, at Christmas we put on a giant Christmas Party, in the summer we try and take them to a titans game or something in St Louis. To pay for that we have events through out the year. This will be the first year we have a poker run, so it will be a learning year, but we will still have a blast, raise some money, and generally just enjoy life.
    So, you are all invited, if you are interested please let me know, we will need boaters of course, but also volunteers to do all kinds of things like be stationed at the marinas, check in/out, and maybe take the kids out on the boats (if we can get permission, there are some state restrictions we have to work with).
    There will be a fee to participate, and trophies for ugliest, prettiest, fastest, slowest, etc, etc, etcÂ… Also there will be lots of auxiliary prizes from the business community.
    Let me know what you think.........
    Dean
    888-OWENCPA
    dean@owencpa.com

NashvilleBound
    What is the average size boat there? As long as my starter sled is acceptable I'm there!

dean51267
    from 18' to 40' plus, will have them all, glad to know you will join us........
    send me an address or fax number so I send details as we have them worked out.

NashvilleBound
    from 18' to 40' plus, will have them all, glad to know you will join us........
    send me an address or fax number so I send details as we have them worked out.
    If you send them to me now I will loose them for sure. I promise to attend....

big kahoona
    Hey guys, we are putting together a July 2nd Poker Run at Kentucky Lake, we are about 1 hr and 40 minutes North West of Nashville, and if you follow I-24 it puts you within 5 minutes form the marina. We plan on getting the local volunteer fire department to break out the giant BBQ cooker, and have a great weekend.
    We are raising money for local childrenÂ’s home, they take kids in when the state has stepped in and removed a kid from a home, and provide a "boys home" type environment. The state will provide for these kids basic treatment and basic living cost, but no more. My company provides a couple of things for them a year, at Christmas we put on a giant Christmas Party, in the summer we try and take them to a titans game or something in St Louis. To pay for that we have events through out the year. This will be the first year we have a poker run, so it will be a learning year, but we will still have a blast, raise some money, and generally just enjoy life.
    So, you are all invited, if you are interested please let me know, we will need boaters of course, but also volunteers to do all kinds of things like be stationed at the marinas, check in/out, and maybe take the kids out on the boats (if we can get permission, there are some state restrictions we have to work with).
    There will be a fee to participate, and trophies for ugliest, prettiest, fastest, slowest, etc, etc, etcÂ… Also there will be lots of auxiliary prizes from the business community.
    Let me know what you think.........
    Dean
    888-OWENCPA
    dean@owencpa.comHEY DEAN I DO ALOTA CHARITY WORK FOR CHILDRENS BURN CENTER . I`M A SIGN PAINTER .( 30 YRS. )
    IF YOU NEED SOME BANNERS OR SIGNS LET ME KNOW AND I`LL DO YOU SOME UP .. NO CHARGE ....I DO ALL PAINT . FREEHAND PINSTRIPING AIRBRUSHING AND ALL KINDS OF CUSTOM PAINTING I`V DONE IT ALL !!(937)520-5742 - JAMIE --BIG KAHOONA..DAYTON OHIO

Boat Racer
    the way it's going, they better run from one side of the lake to the other... I went to the airport & AV100 is only $2.84/gal., I say "only" because HI-Test is $2.38 here!!! In years past the price of AV100 remains the same all year, now this year may be the exception to that rule!!!
    man where are my 36cc heads, hope my wife knows where they are!!!