Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS Speedometer

Taylorman
    Does anyone have a GPS speedometer in their jet? I saw a Nordskog gps speedometer in a magazine today. The description said it also has a tachometer, compass and voltmeter built in. Where does the receiver for a GPS speedometer mount? Its a digital unit. Im thinking about getting it so i could have an in dash speedometer, tach and voltmeter all in one. That would free up on gauge hole so i could add either a water pressure or oil temp gauge.

FoMoCo
    Sounds like a good idea to me! I was thinking about doing the same thing, but seems a little expensive when you have to by the gauge and the receiver.

Taylorman
    I was told that Unchained has one in his boat.

Unchained
    I've been using a Nordskog GPS for 5 years.
    They're a good company to deal with.
    After about two years use it had a problem where it wanted to revert to knots instead of MPH.
    I kept wondering why it read so slow (off 15%) .........I checked it against the speedo in my truck when towing and that showed me the problem.
    They gave me a new one no questions asked and told me they would warranty it for as long as I owned it.
    I compared it to the timing lights when I raced a few years ago and it will read off a couple MPH because the GPS update time is 1 second.
    The receiver is about the size of a computer mouse and I mounted it up under the dash.
    Here's a poor mans datalogger.
    http://www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/poormansdatalog.jpg
    http://www.michigan***boats.com/images/unchdash.jpg

Taylorman
    The add that i read said it also has a tach, voltmeter. Do you use those features on yours. I see you have a tach so assume you dont. Im thinking about buying this unit to replace my tach and voltmeter so i can put in a water pressure gauge where my volt meter is. Doe the receiver pick up ok under your dash?

Unchained
    The receiver picks up fine under the dash.
    The GPS does have a tach, voltmeter, and compass.
    You push the recall button to select other functions.
    When you first turn on the gps it goes to volts and then to gps.
    If you set it to read tach then thats all your going to see, It wont read tach and gps at the same time.

wet77
    Does anyone have a GPS speedometer in their jet? I saw a Nordskog gps speedometer in a magazine today. The description said it also has a tachometer, compass and voltmeter built in. Where does the receiver for a GPS speedometer mount? Its a digital unit. Im thinking about getting it so i could have an in dash speedometer, tach and voltmeter all in one. That would free up on gauge hole so i could add either a water pressure or oil temp gauge.
    I picked up a Etrex portable gps by Garmin.
    Works great for checking the boat speed and when you are not in the boat you can take it with you!!!
    Check your car, truck and you can add maps and fishing spots ect...
    Cost around $120
    Just a thought :idea:

Lawler
    I've got an Autometer GPS speedo that matches all my other Autometer gauges. Works well and looks great with the carbon fiber background.

Wet77
    Where abouts ya from in Sconsin? Where do ya run your boat?
    I'm an ex-yooper (upper penninsula of Michigan)

Taylorman
    I've got an Autometer GPS speedo that matches all my other Autometer gauges. Works well and looks great with the carbon fiber background.
    How about a picture bud?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast