Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chinese threats

Freak
    We have priced ourselves out of the game. The only way we can get back in is a lower standard of living. Yeah...that's going to go over well. Unless itÂ’s dictated by a serious economic down turn.

Seadog
    Relying on countries and companies outside US control for key industries is suicidal. I have no major problems with outsourcing some areas where we do not have qualified people, but to move industry to other countries to avoid taxes (Black & Decker) or to avoid EPA regulations is wrong. I think we should identify key industries and require by law that X% of those products be Made in the USA.

sorry dog
    Guys
    Are economy is just as dependent on cheap Chinese production as their economy is dependent on our investments.
    A downturn in our economy will hurt theirs too... why would they want that?
    That's why they keep their currency pegged to ours... cus they can't afford for our thirst of their cheap imports to taper off due currency differences.
    Their central government is NOT as unified or strong as ours. A depression type economy for those guys might mean a change in government.

pops1
    Communist Chinese are taking over the Panama Canal both ends;Thank Carter and Clinton.ARE is to be=They have taken over both ends.

Steve 1
    Yes both ends are in Chicom hands.

spectras only
    [QUOTE=Seadog]China has controlling interest in several sole source resources in Canada and other nations.
    Clarify this one for me please
    Canuck1 , just reading the globe & mail this morning .
    Headline = China makes first investment in Alberta's
    oil sands.
    China now has a presence in Alberta's oil sands with
    state-controlled China National Offshore Oil ,acquiring a
    16.69 per-cent stake in little known MEG Energy.
    Do you think they'll stop at 16.69% ownership :idea:?
    Lika-Shing didn't stop til 75% of Husky ownership :sleeping: .
    At the moment, MEG is producing 3000 barrels a day from a pilot project .After the regulatory application for an expansion it will go to 25.000 b/d.This leases will support 140.000 b/d for 4 decades .The proposed Gateway pipeline will move 400.000 b/d through british columbia
    to export overseas . Quote , "CNOOC's investment could be a 'first step' to further deals.It's a tasting of what's going on out there . So there you have it :rollside:

Tom Brown
    A depression type economy for those guys might mean a change in government.
    In a depression, they might run out of tanks to crush people with.

ROZ
    6 to 7 years North America will be China's BITCH.. They're dumping the dollar as if it's laced with anthrax...

pops1
    6 to 7 years North America will be China's BITCH.. They're dumping the dollar as if it's laced with anthrax...
    This morning a hearing on China rip off of Pat.s and intellectual propertys was on. All setting at the table wanted it stopped, Yet none wanted full sanctions on China. Who is the Bitch here. Its like you can do me if you buy me the ring I want!
    "When and only when" We pull the rug out from the two parties & demand, both a sound and productive goverment, will we stop this. I have been a Bush man- Yet I don't see any change or reversal from him or his administration. Yes I support the invasion, Yet we need to go back to the Nute era with the 10 point Americia plan- The Ten things we want most done in this country! Only then elect those that support the plan NO Changes. Everyone else must go! but the people must be the force in mass or nothing will change except the words.
    Today all Senators think He or She are Kings of the American People and we all are sub serviant to there wishes and not aware of the bigger picture.
    Im mad as Hell, because I do know the end to this Story and don't like it for my Kids or Grandkids. I also know we set and bitch, yet do nothing to change what is being done to us and our Children. I also know we the Eagle need not neel to the new world order. If so, the Kings and Queens were right "We don't see the big picture".
    So will we Hail the new Roman Potentate, Odds are most will fall on there face to him!. God Bless or for those that don't buy that story- May the good earth decay you into future American Oil deposits.
    You know that Decay One always gets me!
    1) If you believe and there is one, It matters.
    2) If you believe and there is not one so what!
    It just seems to me you can only lose one way- By not- So why would you want to be a Looser if it don't matter the other way!
    The book that preaches that one notes were only here for one reason- To choose we "do" or "don't". Could it all be that simple in the end!
    HMMMM. See Ya

DEAL BROTHER
    You guys are posting some very thoughtful stuff. It's refreshing that this has not turned into a Republican/Democrat debate. Europe is also doing very well right now and their leaders appear to be taking an anti-American stance on many issues. Since the wall came down we have still been funding their defense although the benefits to us are great as well. To halt China's enormous gains dont we need the EU on our side? Without pandering to the EU and giving in on our vital defense concerns with the middle east. How greatly is China is benefiting from the rift between the EU and the USA?
    I'm for protecting our borders but all of our leaders seem intent on allowing them to remain porous....Is this more about cheap labor or pandering to the Latino vote?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast