Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help With Speeding Ticket!!??

FRENCHIE
    Yesterday about noon while running home for lunch i got pulled over only a mile from home, on a long straight away....posted 45 mph and the motorcycle officer told me i was doing 55 m p h according to his radar and laser that he got me on!!
    I then nicely showed him all the req info he asked for and said i was sure i was not going 55, and requested he show me on the radar detector he clocked me at 55 mph! ( i recalled a coupel years back on rice road i asked for it to be shown and the chp off showed me...therefore i could not saya a thing!)
    never the less the cop yesterday said "well i might not have it now let me look!" and i said, " you only just pulle dme over and have not used it on anyone else???" so he walked to his bike, a minute later came back and said it must have accidently cleared when he put it in its holster!!??" i said ok, " see you on my court date, in a nice manner!" and i was off!!
    Anyone got any advise here, or do i have anything!!?

Jbb
    Need to run it ....less hard?......

Sleek-Jet
    Remember, 90% of the cops are not assholes....

Scream
    You are so screwed...lol
    Why not fight it in court. You've got nothing to loose Leon, just tell the truth and let the judge decide. You'd better come up with some substantial or reasonable explaination as to how you know you weren't going 55, and how fast you estimate you were doing. The more prepared you are the better your position will be.
    Scream

I'm not an expert on getting out of tickets (I prefer not to get them), but a couple dodges that come to mind are finding out if the road has been surveyed in the last 5 years, and having the officer produce his calibration log. Check the CVC to see if these are even valid any longer, since it's been awhile since the last ticket :hammer2: (knock on wood)
    Good luck

NOTALENT
    ouch..by law they are not required to show u the speed on the radar..but they are requried to show u the calabration certificate, and that it is updated. if u want to postpone it do a trial de novio did this 2 years ago..Got the speeding ticket. did the 2 time extension and then I did the trial de novie..its a written hearing..u send in to the judge and the cop as well..if the judge declares u guilty then u still can fight it in court. this is the only time u can get 2 hearings.. :eat: by the time u send in ur written statement the cop forgets about the whole ticket..I won this one..hehe..I was also in the right on this ticket..the cop was just a dick.

PHX ATC
    Pony up to the cash bar.

boater72
    You should have never told him you see him in court. Now he will make a note of it and have all his ducks in a row.

Boatcop
    You have to decide which is worse. The fine money. The inconvenience. The principle.
    Then you have to weigh the repercussions of a speeding violation on your record if you lose. You might win, but if you lose you'll face points on your record and increased insurance costs.
    You may find that attending traffic school, if it's an option in your case, may be the best way out. It'll cost some money and some time, but no points, no record and no insurance increase. I even think you can do this on-line in California. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)
    Rather than figuring out how to beat the ticket, concentrate on lifting your right foot a little higher off the floorboard.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast