Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need rigging help!

74_schiada_flat
    ok. i have a 74 Schiada flat bottom hull i am trying to get ready for summer.
    i have 2 v-drives
    1) Hall Craft "came with the Schiada"
    1) he/mi
    I have a 468 10.5:1 full roller motor with a tunnel ram with 2 660 center squirters putting out about 600-650 hp.
    i would like to know......
    1) how far should i set the motor up from the transom?
    2) what prop should i use?
    3) wich v-drive should i use?
    4) what gears should i use?
    5) how do i tell what gears the v-drives i have have in them with out splitting the case?
    i know theres a way to count the amount of times the bottom shaft spins per spin of the top shaft.
    "they are both in great condition and i dont want to tamper with them"
    6) what kind of top speed should i expect?

EXTREMEBOATS
    Is it a true flat or shallow v or a modified bottom like a runner? What does the boat weigh? Have you talked to anybody from or with a Schiada about what you want to do? The reason I ask is ... Is the boat capable of doing what you want it to do? If it were me I would consult anybody familiar with them or Schiada Boats directly. That is the best starting point I can suggest. Feel free to call me and I'll do my best to find the info you are requesting. Mike Cline
    407-671-6179 Cline Extreme Watercraft :idea:

74_schiada_flat
    Well there is a split in the cavitation plates but every flat bottom i have seen is like that. it sure looks pretty flat to me but there is a very very very slight channel down the middle. i have been told that they are never truely flat.
    so going on that it is a true flat bottom.
    I will call you in the morning. Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    A lot of old flattys are truely flat. This one has the plate set with the corners 3 flats down and the center up a little but the boat itself is flat.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ruely_flat.jpg

schiada96
    Call Lee 1-310-530-7100

boatguy222
    74'
    Lee has the flatbottom mold on the roof at Schiada, it does belong to somebody else, but Lee has it. He might be able to help, but Lenord stopped making the flatbottom about 1976, I think that Lee's dad, Ron bought the company in it about 1982.
    I have some of my dad old circle boat set-ups from the the early 70's, if your in interested, you can PM me. I 'll help you if you if I can!

superdave013
    ok. i have a 74 Schiada flat bottom hull i am trying to get ready for summer.
    i have 2 v-drives
    1) Hall Craft "came with the Schiada"
    1) he/mi
    I have a 468 10.5:1 full roller motor with a tunnel ram with 2 660 center squirters putting out about 600-650 hp.
    i would like to know......
    1) how far should i set the motor up from the transom?
    2) what prop should i use?
    3) wich v-drive should i use?
    4) what gears should i use?
    5) how do i tell what gears the v-drives i have have in them with out splitting the case?
    i know theres a way to count the amount of times the bottom shaft spins per spin of the top shaft.
    "they are both in great condition and i dont want to tamper with them"
    6) what kind of top speed should i expect?
    You can still get parts for the Menkens. You won't get anything for that He/mi

74_schiada_flat
    74'
    Lee has the flatbottom mold on the roof at Schiada, it does belong to somebody else, but Lee has it. He might be able to help, but Lenord stopped making the flatbottom about 1976, I think that Lee's dad, Ron bought the company in it about 1982.
    I have some of my dad old circle boat set-ups from the the early 70's, if your in interested, you can PM me. I 'll help you if you if I can!
    it wont let me p.m. you maybe because i am new to the forums and dont have permission to.

boatguy222
    it wont let me p.m. you maybe because i am new to the forums and dont have permission to.
    my email is harmons1@msn.com. email me there!
    Marc

74_schiada_flat
    my email is harmons1@msn.com. email me there!
    Marc
    check your e-mail please.
    also...i called lee, he basicly said that it was before his time and he suggests just putting the original hall craft rigging back in it. or to call Jim Welts.
    i tried calling jim a couple times and left messages. probobly a pretty busy guy. oh well.
    I have better stuff than the hall craft stuff so i will be using it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast