Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good hull? How does it compare to a Spectra or Schiada?

Lake Ape
    Is this a good hull?
    1980 CENTURION V-DRIVE SPORTCRUISER 1980 CENTURION V-DRIVE SPORTCRUISER (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/1/78677961.htm)
    http://images.traderonline.com/img/6...78677961_1.jpg
    http://images.traderonline.com/img/6...78677961_3.jpg
    http://images.traderonline.com/img/6...78677961_4.jpg
    Looks like a steal of a deal if the hull is a good one!

dmontzsta
    It looks like an Eliminator as well...honestly all 21' look about the same to me, I dont know how different they handle though.

mirvin
    Not that this is necessarily a rule.....but, there's a reason most of the "knockoff" boat company's are no longer in business :supp: I'm speaking from experience having been the proud owner of a Crusader, who btw is out of business.
    I'm not bashing, just saying that the little guys may take shortcuts that the big boys dont. For instance, on my hull, which seems like a pretty good layup, nice and thick, full stringers etc. But then you get into the nitty gritty and find out that none of the bulkheads are glassed :hammer2: Then I noticed that none of the drain through holes are glassed, not even the bilge plug hole.:jawdrop: Then I found a foot long section behind the rub rail that had never been glassed.
    These aren't really big deals until the boat is 25 years old and then these things catch up.
    Just take a real good look at the boat. Check the hull, check underneath everything. Make sure it's sound. Check the transom too.
    mirvin :idea:

MoJetBoPar
    Centurion is technically still in the business. They make competition ski/wakeboard boats now.

emjay
    I saw that ad today too!
    Seems too good to be true. Almost like he
    left out a "1" before the $9500 price.
    Gotta be a reason for such a low asking.
    Better jump on it, but look closely, like MIRVIN said.
    Not too many v-drive cruisers lately in the trader.
    I suggest to start driving now & camp in his yard
    'til he comes home!
    AZ to Nor Cal = 700-800 miles or so.
    Good Luck!

dmontzsta
    If that doesnt work there is a Hallet in Riverside, it is not a vector, but it was a pretty good deal.

Looks like a clean boat the price is right
    i would not wait to long. good luck :argue:

superdave013
    It looks like an Eliminator as well...
    I agree, nice boats unless you are trying to make it really fast.

GofastRacer
    That is a real nice boat but I would say it's best used the way it is!..

bigkatboat
    First let me ask if the photo boat has 'non-skid' around the outer deck area? Next, let me say that "Crusader" is ONE OF THE MOST COPIED (stolen, splashed, ripped off) names on the west coast! To the comment, "all of the 21' boats look the same to me", PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE BAR! Centurian built 2 different 20'21' boats. The first was very similar to the Eliminator 20', the other was just like the Dimarco, Ultra, Ultra-Warlock, and many others. Rick Lee (who drove a number of fast circle boats in the past) started his own boat company (with his father-in-law's money) and proved to be a great business owner. He 'used' many of the top designs of that day and did an excellent job in crafting his boats. Later he moved into "ski boats", and built some very nice stuff. The "Carrera 20.5" is a Crusader design, the "Howard 23' offshore" is a Crusader design, the "Commander 20.6" is a Crusader design. Your boat looks like the 'Eliminator' style boat, if it is, it will not be a good "V-drive", it will be a great jet, a 'fair' I/O, and will be a pig with O/B.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast