Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 625 Vipers

TimeToBurn
    I got a call from the boss yesterday, whom was out at the Powerboat Test Trial in Parker, Arizona.
    He told me that Bob Teague had just tested our Eliminator 33 Daytona, the Citgo Race Boat (standard/ no canopies) which is powered by Twin 625 Vipers. THE BOAT RAN 129 MPH!
    We had also heard that earlier this week a DCB F-29 (I know this particular boat was at LA boat show) with twin 625 Vipers ran at the test trials, 129 MPH! This is a great accomplishment.
    Please keep in mind, if you’re going to compare the two as HOT BOAT FORUM always does… remember that the DCB F-29 is 4 feet smaller and lighter than the 33 Eliminator.
    Both companies make incredibly sick and insanely bad a** boats. Both manufactures should be extremely proud of their products. However, the fact is that the Eliminator has proven again, as seen in the scenario above that our boats run more efficient and faster.
    I posted this not to belittle one another, but simply to compare apple to apple. My intent here is to bring out the facts. In my eyes, I earned a little bragging right. And one more thing, hardwork pays off.

INSman
    Imagine twin 625's in a 28' Daytona !!! :jawdrop:
    Hey, why don't you price one of those out for me !!!

Havasu Cig
    Congrats, sounds like a great running boat. Stand by for the DCB Army lead by their fearless leader (Charley) with some analysis.

shipface
    Congrats, sounds like a great running boat. Stand by for the DCB Army lead by their fearless leader (Charley) with some analysis.
    hey charlie put down the punch and say something :cry:

Dave C
    Ya, a 28 with two 625's........ that sounds like a winner.

Dave C
    what, your f-ing kidding right? Some people ain't gonna give the 33 a fair shake no matter what, because they are a bunch of haters. :boxingguy
    or the DCB will get the benefit of the doubt considering the heavy usage of high quality zip ties and all......
    Remember its "all about the rigging" :boxingguy
    Please keep in mind, if you’re going to compare the two as HOT BOAT FORUM always does… remember that the DCB F-29 is 4 feet smaller and lighter than the 33 Eliminator.

INSman
    hey charlie put down the punch and say something :cry:
    LMAO, that right there is funny !!! :rollside:

CrazyHippy
    So 4 feet (length difference) x 10 feet (generous width) x 5 feet (tall) = 200sq feet.
    How much does 200 sq feet of fiberglass weighI guess there are a few stringers in tere too, but not much. And how much does a cabin weigh?
    I'm guessing the boats are roughly the same weight, but the Eliminator has much more "wing area" (due to the length) and at speed actually weighs less than the DCB. The added wet area should not be a factor because at speed, both boats are barely touching the water.
    Congrats on the 129, but dont claim it makes you superior
    BJH :coffeycup

mbrown2
    Congrats....awesome numbers.....I would be more interested in a 30 Daytona against an F29...not a 33 Race Boat...
    Not bashing (really)...just would like to see that comparison...I was impressed with the 26 you guys are getting to go 120+ with the 900Efi in it from your website...

Speedin' Ian
    Congrats!! It sounds like you guys deserved the bragging rights. If it were my choice I would take the boat that is 4' longer, if speeds were equal.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast