Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 625 Vipers

shipface
    So 4 feet (length difference) x 10 feet (generous width) x 5 feet (tall) = 200sq feet.
    How much does 200 sq feet of fiberglass weighI guess there are a few stringers in tere too, but not much. And how much does a cabin weigh?
    I'm guessing the boats are roughly the same weight, but the Eliminator has much more "wing area" (due to the length) and at speed actually weighs less than the DCB. The added wet area should not be a factor because at speed, both boats are barely touching the water.
    Congrats on the 129, but dont claim it makes you superior
    BJH :coffeycup
    and there off

TimeToBurn
    So 4 feet (length difference) x 10 feet (generous width) x 5 feet (tall) = 200sq feet.
    How much does 200 sq feet of fiberglass weighI guess there are a few stringers in tere too, but not much. And how much does a cabin weigh?
    I'm guessing the boats are roughly the same weight, but the Eliminator has much more "wing area" (due to the length) and at speed actually weighs less than the DCB. The added wet area should not be a factor because at speed, both boats are barely touching the water.
    1. Just for your information the race boat has a standard lay-up. There is nothing special about the race boat, it is rigged same as all of our boats. 2. And also the idea of this thread was not to present myself as being "superior", but rather to post the fact. 3. And one more thing for the record, your theory would mean that a 50 foot NORTECH cat would run faster with the same power. I find that to be very unlikely.

CrazyHippy
    1. Just for your information the race boat has a standard lay-up. There is nothing special about the race boat, it is rigged same as all of our boats. 2. And also the idea of this thread was not to present myself as being "superior", but rather to post the fact. 3. And one more thing for the record, your theory would mean that a 50 foot NORTECH cat would run faster with the same power. I find that to be very unlikely.
    1.Does the "race boat" have a cabin? No. I never said anything about lay-up. Never mentioned rigging. I mentioned weight, and your extra 4' of boat weight is ofset by the lack of cabin :notam:
    2. Bullshit
    Eliminator has proven again, as seen in the scenario above that our boats run more efficient and faster.
    Sound familiar? You want to tell me you aren't claiming to be superior again??
    3. If a 50' Nortech was the same weight as the 2 boats in questoin, i bet it would be damn close to the same speed. The nortech will be a little slower as it is a true cat, and doesn't have a "training wheel" in the middle because people cant figure out how to drive it.
    Have a nice day,
    BJH :boxed:

Havasu Cig
    All this talk about cabins is funny. I guess a pad under a dash equals a cabin now?

amw
    Apples to Apples??? The 33 your talking about is the Citgo race boat with minimal interior(front seats only), super light layup, no options at all. Take any other Super Cat light factory race boats with the 625's and you'll probably see even better #'s.
    The F-29 that was tested was loaded with every option that it would hold, so I don't think we are comparing apples to apples, but nice try.

TimeToBurn
    Apples to Apples??? The 33 your talking about is the Citgo race boat with minimal interior(front seats only), super light layup, no options at all. Take any other Super Cat light factory race boats with the 625's and you'll probably see even better #'s.
    The F-29 that was tested was loaded with every option that it would hold, so I don't think we are comparing apples to apples, but nice try.
    It has a standard layup... Trust me I know these things and YOU DON'T.

CrazyHippy
    All this talk about cabins is funny. I guess a pad under a dash equals a cabin now?
    Still got you beat
    BJH

CornWater
    First of all ... 4x10x5 is a volume, not an area, so it is 200ft^3, not 200ft^2.... fulcrom, center of gravity, etc... might have just a little bit to do with performance...
    You know what, nevermind, it's not worth it...

shipface
    step away from the punch bowl and put that ladle (spell check) down :jawdrop:

CrazyHippy
    First of all ... 4x10x5 is a volume, not an area, so it is 200ft^3, not 200ft^2.... fulcrom, center of gravity, etc... might have just a little bit to do with performance...
    You know what, nevermind, it's not worth it...
    You're right.
    4(length diff)x10 (generous width)x2 (top and bottom)=80 sqare feet
    4 (length diff)x5 (Generous height)x2 (left and right sides)=40 square feet
    so 120square feet.... makes my argument even stronger.
    And fulcrum, cg, aerodynamic lift points, drive choice, prop design, will all effect the run, but if you are a major manufacture taking a boat to a magazine test, i image you would have it fairly well dialed in :idea:
    If one wants to claim that there 33' boat is "more efficient and faster" they should do it w/ the same amount of BS on board. Make it real world #'s, not some advertising inflated BS.
    BJH

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast