Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: broke my motor today

so much for keeping my old motor and having it put in our new deck boat.my worst fear came true today while sitting on the trailer.i was going to wash my boat today and figured i would jam down to elsinore first and run a few hot laps since i was by myself.backed in started boat was running for about a minute and all the sudden the fuccking narly knock started i shut the boat off right away.sounds like a broken crank or rod never blew a boat up sitting on the trailer friggin peice of shitt.man i think this is going to be exspensive talked to a guy about pulling motor and putting it back in when its fixed and thats going to cost me 1600.00.

Charley
    so much for keeping my old motor and having it put in our new deck boat.my worst fear came true today while sitting on the trailer.i was going to wash my boat today and figured i would jam down to elsinore first and run a few hot laps since i was by myself.backed in started boat was running for about a minute and all the sudden the fuccking narly knock started i shut the boat off right away.sounds like a broken crank or rod never blew a boat up sitting on the trailer friggin peice of shitt.man i think this is going to be exspensive talked to a guy about pulling motor and putting it back in when its fixed and thats going to cost me 1600.00.
    Yikes!! sorry to hear it :frown:

thanks charley i was hoping to get more than 100 hours out of my teague motor but i guess it wasnt meant to be.

andy01
    Man that sucks! I thought they took it back to Teague and freshend it up for you before putting it in the new boat. Less then a 100 hrs? That sucks! Call Gary at GT Performance in the morning and have him fix it for you. Right at the start of season........ sorry to hear it skinny!
    Andy

i never took it back to them.i just put new plugs, dist.cap etc etc.i thought it would of lasted alot longer than it did pretty much has be babied its whole life.

Jrocket
    Are you sure its the motor and not the coupler for the drive(u-joint).Deano busted one last year and it sounded like a rod flinging around in the pan but was the coupler instead.Just a thought for ya.

Havasu Hangin'
    I doubt you could have broke a crank or rod from idling? Probably spun a bearing? I think Scotty has alot more than 100 hours on his Teague 620, and it is yet to grenade (and he doesn't baby it).
    Either way...that sucks. Good luck.

you know what jr maybe it could be the coupler but i never put it in gear.would ity make the noise in nuetral ?it was funny the oil pressure never dropped.i pulled the wire out of the dist. and turned it over without starting it and it sounded fine.

Havasu Hangin'
    you know what jr maybe it could be the coupler but i never put it in gear.would ity make the noise in nuetral ?it was funny the oil pressure never dropped.i pulled the wire out of the dist. and turned it over without starting it and it sounded fine.
    Pull yer oil filter and cut it open....that is a quick way to look for metal.
    If it's the coupler, it will make the noise in neutral.
    If it turns out to be the coupler, check your engine alignment.

Jrocket
    Check the oil and then go from there.Theres a few possibilites but Im going with coupler.If a rod broke in half it would still have oil pressure but you said you just fired it up and then the noise started?Rods dont let go like usually.If you want to take a better look at it just let me know and I'll stop by this week.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast