Hmmm, that sounds really gay... :2purples: :wink:
    Racing Rascal has one

RiverDave
    Hmmm, that sounds really gay... :2purples: :wink:
    It was a joke.. :supp:
    RD

Froggystyle
    I can't do the low profile Place system either
    Why not? That would be the way to go on this application. It would solve your problem easily...

Hallett19
    WESFORD !!! My brother tells me you are going to be a celebrity soon !!
    The way the cable comes out of the transom adapter, it would be too tight of an angle and I would be in the same dilema I'm in now... I think. I would probably have to have the reverse cable come out of the transom differently and then it would probably work fine.
    Also, how do you go about adjusting the steering so its more straight on ? Loosen that nut on the transom adapter and adjust accordingly ?

Slick
    Aaron,
    The low-profile system uses a completely different cable. It's the same as your throttle cable, I think it's a BC, and has a much smaller maximum bend . I'd look into it before chopping up your glass step.
    Another thing to look at if you can run the low-profile system is tapping another hole in the port side of the transom ring and routing the cable that way. It would probably allow you to run a larger bend in the cable.
    On the lesser end of the spectrum, you could notch the step for clearence when the diverter is up and run the cable through the transom above the step. You're always going to have the fear of some bozo using your cables as a grab handle so what's the difference?

Hallett19
    Considering all I bring on my boat is bozos, grabbing the cable is imminent

Havasu Hangin'
    If it were me, and I was set on putting on some killer billet swimsteps, I would just glass in the old cable holes (since your gonna have to glass in the old mounting holes anyway)....
    ...and start over.

NorCal Gameshow
    I ran into the same problem on my old spectra, I notched the swim step...
    I did kick around the idea of leaving the step alone and going into the opposite side on the jet (above the steering cable) and plugging the existing hole ...

Hallett19
    If it were me, and I was set on putting on some killer billet swimsteps, I would just glass in the old cable holes (since your gonna have to glass in the old mounting holes anyway)....
    ...and start over.
    Its a good thing I'm not you :wink:
    I think I'm just going to notch it and try my hardest to make it look cool and if that doesnt work, I might have to see if Dave will make me some and have them anodized black.

hoolign
    I still dont know why you dont look for a small hydraulic actuator and install a small pump.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast