Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swim Step Ideas

hoolign
    I think I see what you mean. There isn't enough distance between the hull and the cable stay to allow proper flexibility for turning.
    RD's idea is another simple one. Two rams, some sikaflex, fill with fluid, and then when you push or pull one end, the other should follow. Simple.
    This chair is going to sink every time I sit down now.
    right !! i think pushing a button is even easier!

Tom Brown
    right !! i think pushing a button is even easier!
    RD doesn't have emphasima as bad as you do just yet so he doesn't mind exerting about 6 lbs of force for a half second.

hoolign
    RD doesn't have emphasima as bad as you do just yet so he doesn't mind exerting about 6 lbs of force for a half second.
    you would have to hold it in the forward position, unless you installed a "line Lock" set up

Tom Brown
    Not if the shifter has a detent.

hoolign
    Not if the shifter has a detent.
    Good point. as much as i hated to admit that..good point

Hallett19
    Okay, here is what I'm talking about. The first picture is the nozzle turned all the way to the right diverter all the way down. The next picture is turned all the way to the right, all the way up. And finally the third picture is trimmed almost all the way up, wheel all the way to the right, there is still another inch of clearance.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...icture_001.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...icture_002.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...icture_005.jpg
    The way I see it is this, I wont have the wheel turned all the way to the right with the diverter all the way up ever. I only put it up real high when I am flying, and when I am flying, the last thing I want to do is turn the wheel all the way to the right. :jawdrop:
    Anyone ?

hoolign
    Personally..i'd ditch the one piece bowl, install a snoot, and call er dunn!

NorCal Gameshow
    mount a polished stainless handle on the swim step and run the cable through it.. :idea:

Dana Marine Products
    Go for the low profile diverter option. The transom adapter takes a 1/2" NPT plug. Get a new cable seal for the transom. That's the easiest and cleanest way to solve your problem. You can use either a 33C (smaller cable, same as throttle) or a 43C (same size as your 43BC but it has the proper connection for the low profile kit). My suggestion is to stay with the 43C, I've used 33C's for reverse buckets and the break way too easy. I'd love to sell you a billet swim step, but it's not necessary to solve this issue.

HCS
    God damn! Just go buy a prop.
    What a bunch of spaghetti bullshit. All it is, is a (f)ucking cable.
    Just drill a hole through the bottom of the boat and go hang yourself. :eat:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast