Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6x9's...what would you pick?

Phat Matt
    Matt, I went all JL in my current boat and I'm Very Happy!!!!! I have 2 JL 300/4 running to a total of 5 pair of speakers and 1000/1 running 2 12 W6's. I have 3 pair of the XR 650's and 2 pair of the 690-Cxi's. I'm very impressed with the 6x9's. They're some of the best 6x9's I've heard in quite some time. My 6x9's are under the hatch and come up when I raise the hatch for added volume.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...C02119-med.JPG
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...901_Small_.jpg
    Batteries??? Hell it's time for the genny set up since you got all that room in the deck boat. Dude with a genny we could turn your boat into "Rain" with all the lights and sounds of a real club...
    What would a genny set up cost? I was planning on going with the Lifeline 8D battery for the stereo with the optimas for each engine.

Mandelon
    You can get a little Honda generator for a few hundy nowadays....that would be the shit. It could power up a real blender too......have em prewire an outlet under one of the storage areas so you could just plug it in.

Phat Matt
    You can get a little Honda generator for a few hundy nowadays....that would be the shit. It could power up a real blender too......have em prewire an outlet under one of the storage areas so you could just plug it in.
    I like your NASCAR blender though.

BoatFloating
    What would a genny set up cost? I was planning on going with the Lifeline 8D battery for the stereo with the optimas for each engine.
    The Honda 2000 would cost around $800 and the inverter around $400. That Lifeline 8D is 158 lbs :jawdrop: and $350 are you kidding me?????? The Honda is 46 lbs. So if you go with 4 Optima's (2 motors and 2 stereo) and the Genny the net weight savings is 26lbs. How long do they say those Lifelines last???? The way you play your stereo the only way to go is the genny set up period..... :hammer2:

Phat Matt
    The Honda 2000 would cost around $800 and the inverter around $400. That Lifeline 8D is 158 lbs :jawdrop: and $350 are you kidding me?????? The Honda is 46 lbs. So if you go with 4 Optima's (2 motors and 2 stereo) and the Genny the net weight savings is 26lbs. How long do they say those Lifelines last???? The way you play your stereo the only way to go is the genny set up period..... :hammer2:
    The life lines discharge rate is 475 minutes @ 25amps.
    The reserve capacity of 2 optimas is 240 minutes.
    So basically the one Lifeline is like having 4 optimas. You don't think I could make it through the day with that? I always pull the boat out of the water at night and fully charge them also.

Procraftkev
    Matt
    I have (2) JL 300/4 amps putting out 75watts to each of the (8) JL 6.5" coax's in my current boat along with a pair of JL subs (500/1 amp) and I really like the way they sound.
    On my new boat, I went with the same amps, but opted for the Polk Audio (MOMO) speakers this time around and some marine (infinite baffle/free air) subs.
    Polk MOMO 6x9's in the bow and under the rear bench
    Polk MOMO 6.5" coax's in the upper rear bench and driver passenger
    I think and am hoping that this setup will sound as good or better than my current system. Should be done in about (2) weeks and I could certainly let you know then.
    Blane
    That should sound good composit cone will hold up good in a boat.

BoatFloating
    The life lines discharge rate is 475 minutes @ 25amps.
    The reserve capacity of 2 optimas is 240 minutes.
    So basically the one Lifeline is like having 4 optimas. You don't think I could make it through the day with that? I always pull the boat out of the water at night and fully charge them also.
    You might be able to make it play all day but do you really want to find out that you can't and then have to go another direction. You could always add genny later and use it with Lifeline and then be really good.There's no doubt that Lifeline will last longer than the Optima's but there is the problem. The key is @25 amps ratings. That JL 1000/1 amp at peak is drawing over 100 amps. Then you got to throw in the 2 300/4's. I don't care what batteries you have those amps and the way you play your music good luck. Trust me I've had evey battery combination there is and when you play long and hard you need all the help you can get.
    Either way you go you can't and shouldn't run your motor Alternator's to the Lifeline as they won't be able to handle the charging duties and it will kill them period.....

ROZ
    Shadow has 4 or 5 large kicker amps and goes all day on an 8D..... I think this is his 3rd season on the battery...Loco has one as well..

mbrown2
    Shadow has 4 or 5 large kicker amps and goes all day on an 8D..... I think this is his 3rd season on the battery...Loco has one as well..
    Ditto...I don't hear the boy (Shadow) shut down to often and I think he can pretty much do a two day weekend on one even know he has two....
    The Genny is not a bad setup, I am running an EU 2000 with a Cascade 90Amp charger and it is pretty good...
    A couple Odyssey 1700 last a pretty long time on our Malibu with 2100 watts.
    On the 6x9's...MB Quart or Diamond Audio for me..

Phat Matt
    I think he said he was running around 5000 watts.
    What about my Boston Acoustics question above?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast