Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spam Southwind Tunnel Dragster

disco_charger
    That's a real nice looking boat, although I think your desktop dyno is a little optomistic. If 4Q got his asking price, you shouldn't have any problem.
    Seemed high to me too. The boat came with a dyno sheet, but my Dad and I don't believe it.

wsuwrhr
    I'd say it is a pretty nice looking boat. I saw it at the Avi two years ago.
    Sweet looking ride.
    Brian

disco_charger
    Comes out in the Trader, Thursday.

FOURQ
    Seemed high to me too. .
    ya it may have seemed high but you havent seen what was done to it over the winter EVERYTHING was new with lots of little details that were done to make it alot nicer then when you seen it at c3b. i spent over $8,000 this winter fixing it up....
    Q

flat broke
    I think that Disco meant he thought the dyno numbers were a little high, not the price on your rig
    Chris

JETBOATODD

why the negative reaction to spray-in bed liners? I've noticed other people not fond of it either, what's up with that?
    One guy told me it was a weight issue but, the applied product couldn't weigh any more than the product still in the can, right? Should take less than a gallon to do your average jet boat (I would think). And a gallon of that stuff has got to weigh less than marine carpet. Any way, I'd like ya'lls opinion before I spray my Rogers. Oh, and sorry for hijacking your thread
    Thanks,
    Todd
    AA is for quiters !!!

Nucking futs
    The only reason i did that was it said to stop a leak in the bottom.I know first hand what kind of crack to exspect in these hulls and to put line-x or rhino liner in to fix it or hide a fix is stupid to "ME".It was the previous owner that did this and it makes no sence to me.The boat is real nice i have seen it at CBBB.IT looks clean but Line -x would not be "MY" first choice for detail apperance.It does however look good.
    Best of luck selling It.
    I just think that people don't relize that a boat flexes and could put undo stress on a certain part of a hull.SWTD's normally do not have carpet and if they do I would bet that the bottom has been blown out and it is to hide the fix as well.
    Just my opinion on that subject.
    Tim

JETBOATODD
    I agree it should not be used as a quick fix or to hide repairs.
    What would you recommend, paint, or epoxy, or....???
    I don't really wanna go the carpet route.
    And I suppose, now that you mention it, If I did go the spray-in route and ever needed to do a repair it would suck. But, on the other hand wouldn't it help reduce the flex and lessen the risk of cracks?
    Your opinion and 2 cents is exactly what I'm after guys.
    Thanks,
    Todd
    AA is for quiters

disco_charger
    We discovered that the liner was the fix, and we had it fixed correctly by Israel at Quality Boat Repair. The liner was someone elses fix. It wasn't my first choice either. In a way it's growing on me. It is nice, but I'd go gel coat.
    4Q, I was not referring to your rig, but our dyno sheet.
    As for the boat, there's nothing wrong with it now. We went through and fixed it. The boat needs nothing structually or mechanically.

Nucking futs
    I agree it should not be used as a quick fix or to hide repairs.
    What would you recommend, paint, or epoxy, or....???
    I don't really wanna go the carpet route.
    And I suppose, now that you mention it, If I did go the spray-in route and ever needed to do a repair it would suck. But, on the other hand wouldn't it help reduce the flex and lessen the risk of cracks?
    Your opinion and 2 cents is exactly what I'm after guys.
    Thanks,
    Todd
    AA is for quiters
    Sorry for the hijack, but it is at the top..............
    I would gellcoat it personally.
    On the liner thing, I really never thought much about it because i would personally never do it. It would be stronger but it might cause more harm then help, but i really dont know to much about it. I would think if it was a good thing more people would be doing it, Don't you? :idea:
    Now someone buy this dragster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did you put it on dragboats.com? Thats where Q's sold from
    Tim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast