Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a way to wake up

MsDrmr
    I have two bird nests right under my bedroom window, and for the last three years the same two birds come back to lay their eggs. A couple days ago, the birds hatched and this morn I woke up to the sound of the babies calling for their mom. I just love that sound. I can't see them yet cause the nest is too high, but when they get ready to fly we will be able to see them flutter their wings and practice..what a gift

spectratoad
    I have alot of nest around my property too. We have some doves that nest in my shed every year. I have two eggs on top of my car that didn't make it to the nest. It is cool to see them grow and try to fly around though.

mirvin
    That's pretty cool.
    My house has these huge porches front and back. Lots of nice shelter for the little birdies and their nests......they come around every year...problem is that we have CATS!!!
    :frown:
    mirvin

MsDrmr
    That's pretty cool.
    My house has these huge porches front and back. Lots of nice shelter for the little birdies and their nests......they come around every year...problem is that we have CATS!!!
    :frown:
    mirvin
    Well then, get rid of the cats, whats the matter with you

hoolign
    It's to bad you did'nt notice them earlier..would have made a nice little omlette :jawdrop:

mirvin
    Well then, get rid of the cats, whats the matter with you
    I know.....unfortunately the cat's are surgically attatched to my wife :wink:
    Usually we try to discourage the birds from nesting there.
    mirvin

MsDrmr
    I know how that is, I used to be a cat lover myself, but always kept them indoors. Once I met the "mr" he said absolutely no cats indoors. It's been five years now since I have had a cat, and where I miss the personality of cats, I really don't miss the responsibility of them.

mirvin
    I know how that is, I used to be a cat lover myself, but always kept them indoors. Once I met the "mr" he said absolutely no cats indoors. It's been five years now since I have had a cat, and where I miss the personality of cats, I really don't miss the responsibility of them.
    SOunds like you need yourself a new kitty!!
    I was always a dog person myself. I've learned to like the kitties
    :wink:
    mirvin

BarryMac
    A pellet gun would have cured your problem, then you could have fallen back to sleep... :hammer2:

Mrs. 4-B
    I love waking up to the sound of the birds snging...Springtime is great! It means summer is around the corner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast