Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: When will jet boaters get a clue?

Monkey Bung
    Jet boats are slow, unsafe, and are out there for boys not men that drive prop boats.

FlyingV
    True, True.

Monkey Bung
    FLATS FOREVER!!!!! eek! eek! eek!

FlyingV
    Jets Never!

Monkey Bung:
    Jet boats are slow, unsafe, and are out there for boys not men that drive prop boats.Did you mean poop boats?

565edge
    Monkey Bung:
    FLATS FOREVER!!!!! eek! eek! eek! Your just jealous!I heard pauls daytona smokes your shit! ,lets run them,CFW new years!

Unchained
    OK, I'll play
    Funny you should mention that as some of us were talking about that same subject at a Mi.Hot boat Assn. meet last month. Except, we were talking about the Vdrives. There are only a handful left to be seen around Mi. as most have wisened up by now. While other guys were boating, the few vdrive guys left were on the shore talking about how fast they COULD be if the water was flat which it NEVER is on any weekend. We watched as one guy sat on the front of his blown/injected flatbottom and paddled his boat out of the cove to open water. Then commenced to get POUNDED by the average waves you get where we boat. A group of us watched and just shook our head. In 5 minutes he was back in the cove, sitting on the front of his boat and paddling it back to shore, so he could resume talking about how fast he COULD be.
    So lets tally up the vdrive pros and cons,
    Pro's
    Fast in dead flat water if setup properly
    ??
    ??
    Look cool while parked on the beach
    Con's
    Most have no reverse
    Most have to be started in gear or the gearbox will blow up
    The roughest ride possible
    Hardware hanging under boat is always searching to find the nearest rock or stump.
    Can't travel in a no wake zone.
    Once someone has bought a vdrive and found out all the negatives then they find that they can't sell it as most other people don't want one.
    I would say that the Vdrivers are the champions of the bench racing forum. When you can't use your boat, You can always sit on the shore and TALK about how fast it COULD be.
    This was fun.

SMOKIE
    JET????? SUCK & BLOW threw the water.
    V-drive ?? SCREW your way threw the water.

hoolign
    Monkey Bung:
    Jet boats are slow, unsafe, and are out there for boys not men that drive prop boats.missed your meds I see,now put that gum on your nose,and go stand in the
    corner!

FlyingV
    Unchained:
    OK, I'll play
    Funny you should mention that as some of us were talking about that same subject at a Mi.Hot boat Assn. meet last month. Except, we were talking about the Vdrives. There are only a handful left to be seen around Mi. as most have wisened up by now. While other guys were boating, the few vdrive guys left were on the shore talking about how fast they COULD be if the water was flat which it NEVER is on any weekend. We watched as one guy sat on the front of his blown/injected flatbottom and paddled his boat out of the cove to open water. Then commenced to get POUNDED by the average waves you get where we boat. A group of us watched and just shook our head. In 5 minutes he was back in the cove, sitting on the front of his boat and paddling it back to shore, so he could resume talking about how fast he COULD be.
    So lets tally up the vdrive pros and cons,
    Pro's
    Fast in dead flat water if setup properly
    ??
    ??
    Look cool while parked on the beach
    Con's
    Most have no reverse
    Most have to be started in gear or the gearbox will blow up
    The roughest ride possible
    Hardware hanging under boat is always searching to find the nearest rock or stump.
    Can't travel in a no wake zone.
    Once someone has bought a vdrive and found out all the negatives then they find that they can't sell it as most other people don't want one.
    I would say that the Vdrivers are the champions of the bench racing forum. When you can't use your boat, You can always sit on the shore and TALK about how fast it COULD be.
    This was fun. I guess in Rockford there are a lot of boys!! Must be windy too.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast