Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: When will jet boaters get a clue?

malcolm
    All those V's just have rooster envy!

Monkey Bung
    Unchained:
    OK, I'll play
    Funny you should mention that as some of us were talking about that same subject at a Mi.Hot boat Assn. meet last month. Except, we were talking about the Vdrives. There are only a handful left to be seen around Mi. as most have wisened up by now. While other guys were boating, the few vdrive guys left were on the shore talking about how fast they COULD be if the water was flat which it NEVER is on any weekend. We watched as one guy sat on the front of his blown/injected flatbottom and paddled his boat out of the cove to open water. Then commenced to get POUNDED by the average waves you get where we boat. A group of us watched and just shook our head. In 5 minutes he was back in the cove, sitting on the front of his boat and paddling it back to shore, so he could resume talking about how fast he COULD be.
    So lets tally up the vdrive pros and cons,
    Pro's
    Fast in dead flat water if setup properly
    ??
    ??
    Look cool while parked on the beach
    Con's
    Most have no reverse
    Most have to be started in gear or the gearbox will blow up
    The roughest ride possible
    Hardware hanging under boat is always searching to find the nearest rock or stump.
    Can't travel in a no wake zone.
    Once someone has bought a vdrive and found out all the negatives then they find that they can't sell it as most other people don't want one.
    I would say that the Vdrivers are the champions of the bench racing forum. When you can't use your boat, You can always sit on the shore and TALK about how fast it COULD be.
    This was fun.DUDE! Were you live the only thing you need to deipher is the differance between a prop boat and your closest rival, THE FAN boat!!! eek!

Monkey Bung
    HotHallet:
    Jets
    Can Boat in Shallow Water
    Have Reverse
    Can Boat with medium rough water-flatbottoms sit on the beach all day-Lots of money to go to the river to sit on beach and not boat
    Can carry more than two people and a boat cooler and beach chairs.And have drivers with no BALLS.

Monkey Bung
    grimreaper:
    JETS (aka hot-tubs?) are just good to clean-up a chix butt-crack AFTER a big DUMP !!FINALLY... We agree on something. wink

Monkey Bung
    HotHallet:
    Hey Sangster, Vacaville? Where the hell is that? It's harvest season? You gotta harvest more of that really strong pot youv'e been smoking? Have fun sitting on the trailer when the water is down and carrying your 6 pack of beer cause there isn't room for anything more in your boat. I laugh at the guy who can't take his flattie in the slightest bit of chop and comes to the river to make a pass in the morning, a pass at night, and then put it on the trailer. Sitting on the beach all day must be a blast. Atleast you don't have to waist tons of dough on fuel cause the boat won't leave the beach but more than two or three times a day. Float it off the trailer, turn it around bow out, start it up and warm it up, shut it off and start it in gear (sounds great). Jet boat-fire it up, back it off the trailer(oops we have reverse)and go. Is there space for a boat cooler, two beach chairs, and all my girlfriends crap-yes there is.Don't get me wrong V-drive flatties are cool but I couldn't read your posts and not point out there obvious negatives without a hint of sarcasm especially when you didn't hold back when ragging on jets. Everybody's got their perogatives and this debate will probably rage on forever but in reality who cares? I rode in Holy Moly's flattie this year at Classic Boat Beach Bash and was very impressed. Yes V-drives are faster, can turn more rpm's, and get a lot of attention but for most people a boat that is a little easier to operate for all around boating use, water skiing, and cruising a jet makes more sense.Then get on bench ski boat racer forum and tell them all about your 16 sec. drag boat

Monkey Bung
    Jet Junk:
    What's up with that gear box where the cooler full of beer is supposed to go? Don't most jet boaters get about 7 yrs. before the pump requires rebuilding? I heard flats ride somewhat rough? Is that true? What exactly makes jets unsafe? How come all the chicks dig jet boats?GO BACK TO WRESTLING STEVE.

Monkey Bung
    Unchained:
    Now this thread is fun, When monkey dung posted a jet boat bashing title I knew it would be good. It's all in fun so bash away. But the vdrivers are the kings of bench racing. You have to have something to do with your time while you sit on the beach while the jets are out boating.
    Flying V, Boy's in Rockford? Well at 46 I was feeling old sometimes. Thanks for the compliment.
    565 Edge, I turn a AA impeller at 6100 rpm. Never ran a full 1320' with this setup. I see you have that 19' Stealth for sale. Don't tempt me. I seen Ray Wahlers boat, He was next to me in the pits at Ottawa. What a nice piece.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Drag_Boats/Dsc01240.JPG[/img]
    78 Eliminator, Here are some records from Dragboat review. Looks like the flats can't keep up in blown gas.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Drag_Boats/IHBArecords.JPG[/img]Saw way to many of your type of boats blow over

Nstigator74
    FIRST I BOUGHT A OUTBOARD BOAT,
    THEN A JET BOAT,
    NOW I OWN A V-DRIVE SANGER HYDRO
    I'D LIKE TO THINK I'M CLIMBING TO THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN!
    P.S. SOLD THE JET 2 WEEKS AGO(I GOT A CLUE)

Truth Be Told
    So Monkey ass,
    Who has the real balls?
    Boo hoo hoo, I saw too many of your type boats blow over: what a pussy, that statement, in other words means JET MEN HAVE THE CAJONES TO HANDLE GETTING TOSSED/ you (nor cal only) prop guys need the SAFETY BLANKET of a prop to "cuddle" you in the water
    And by the way, while were tossing sand around, it is quite ridiculous to EVER equate MANHOOD with a fast boat. Money can buy anything, only TRUE GRIT keeps the LAST MAN standing in a fight, DON'T CONFUSE THE TWO.
    Horsepower can be bought, ass kicking comes with experience and training.
    Hell, we're all sandbox retards on this thread

Monkey Bung
    Truth Be Told:
    So Monkey ass,
    Who has the real balls?
    Boo hoo hoo, I saw too many of your type boats blow over: what a pussy, that statement, in other words means JET MEN HAVE THE CAJONES TO HANDLE GETTING TOSSED/ you (nor cal only) prop guys need the SAFETY BLANKET of a prop to "cuddle" you in the water
    And by the way, while were tossing sand around, it is quite ridiculous to EVER equate MANHOOD with a fast boat. Money can buy anything, only TRUE GRIT keeps the LAST MAN standing in a fight, DON'T CONFUSE THE TWO.
    Horsepower can be bought, ass kicking comes with experience and training.
    Hell, we're all sandbox retards on this threadReal men know what fast boats to drive. When was the last DRAG JET to go 230 in a 1/4 mile?? AHHH have no answer so shut your pie hole.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast