Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With The Math

Not So Fast
    If crude oil was around $53 @ barrel (using 55 gallons as a barrel) that figures out to about $.96 @ gallon right? So now that the price is around $56 @ barrel and that figures out to be about $1.01 @ gallon right? I'm not a math whiz by any means but this looks like a price increase of $ .05!!! Here in Havasu the price of gas depending where you buy was about $1.65 to $1.85 five weeks ago, now I'm seeing prices at $2.25 all the way up to $2.50 and some higher. Am I looking at this wrong or is that $.60 more a gallon and the price of a barrel went up by a F---ING NICKEL. I know about the costs of refining the crude and all of that but it was figured into the cost of gas before the price increases happened, so why do we pay $.60 more to offset a $.05 increases in actual cost of OIL. This is not quantum physics here, just simple math. GOD do I hate oil companies, the last quarters profit predictions were, and correct me if I'm wrong, exceeded by 300%. I'm out!! NSF

ChumpChange
    What is the current price for 91 Octane at the Terribles by the bridge? I usually fill the boat up there and will have to do that next weekend. Want to be prepared.

Tom Brown
    Deal with this math.
    We all have cars. We all need cars. Cars require fuel. There is an extremely limited number of fuel suppliers.
    That's all the math you need to know.

Not So Fast
    What is the current price for 91 Octane at the Terribles by the bridge? I usually fill the boat up there and will have to do that next weekend. Want to be prepared.
    I would tell you but by then it would probably be well over what I tell you, the prices have been increasing on a daily basis, sometimes twice a day. Last I saw was about $2.25 for 87. NSF

totenhosen
    What I always like is when the price of a barrel of oil increases, the price of gas increases immediately as well. However the same can not be said when the price of oil drops.

spectratoad
    As Tom said, Supply & Demand. Now if we all climb the A$$'s of our local politicians about the local fuel taxes and then we tell the enviro nazi's to kiss our A$$ so we can build a few more refineries than I bet we would be alot closer to that $1.00/gl that you have figured.
    :devil:

Not So Fast
    Deal with this math.
    We all have cars. We all need cars. Cars require fuel. There is an extremely limited number of fuel suppliers.
    That's all the math you need to know.
    Priceless attitude :yuk: NSF

spectratoad
    I would tell you but by then it would probably be well over what I tell you, the prices have been increasing on a daily basis, sometimes twice a day. Last I saw was about $2.25 for 87. NSF
    Even though the gas in the stations tanks has already been paid for at the lower price. WTF :hammerhea

MagicMtnDan
    It's even more than supply and demand. Oil pricing now is based on futures pricing which is like the stock market. Guesstimates on what the demand and supply will be as well as other factors (like the war, warmer weather, etc.) lead traders to bid up the prices. They bid it up and up and up because they think the conditions are going to be ripe for high prices. The prices then go up because of their activities. It looks like lots of steady supply and continued decreased demand are the only things that push the prices back down. Much easier to make them go up than down. :yuk: And of course the gas stations use any bad news or news about oil price increases to justify bending us all over the pump. :cry:

Red Eye
    As Tom said, Supply & Demand. Now if we all climb the A$$'s of our local politicians about the local fuel taxes and then we tell the enviro nazi's to kiss our A$$ so we can build a few more refineries than I bet we would be alot closer to that $1.00/gl that you have figured.
    :devil:
    Just tell me where to sign that petition.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast