058, what I was trying to tell Waterrocket in my opinion was what you said Originally posted by 058:
there has been a lot more "how to" articles in magazines about Chevy’s, With all the info about Chevy’s out there and with pictures too [for those of you who can't read] Anybody who can't build a powerful Chevy has to be a complete moron.
HE asked “CAN THE 460'S COMPETE WITH THE 502'S. I NEED SOME OPINIONS”. I gave him one, then he asked “Chevy cheaper to build? or just make more hp?” Which I think you backed up in the above quote. Don't forget before the BBF was a challenger to the BBC, in the big block wars of the 60's the HEMI and Wedges were around and usually smoked most BBC's! And not to mention the rare Ford 427 DOHC's. During those times the BBC was almost always getting spanked unless you had real cubic dollars in one like a Reynolds Z-L1. So yeah if you want to work at it you can build a Ford, I did & got tired of the work necessary to field a competitive Ford when I was in racing. In my private life I have more projects to do than I want these days and want the easiest, simplest & what I feel is the most reliable and easy to find parts for boat so I don't need to work as hard doing it and spend less doing if possible. As you said "I have never let cost get in the way of what I want. Sure, some things cost more for a Ford" I want to save where I can so I can buy that vacation home in the Delta soon enough. If you choose to spend more, more power to ya.
By the way I have a 1979 Sleekcraft 21' daycruiser that needed repair as well as an engine & drive. Since a friend gave me all the marine hardware for a SBF I went with a Ford and found a 1970 4BBL 351w to put in. I never did a thing to the motor and ran fine for 5 years with very little invested. So I still have a Ford also, know anyone who might be looking?