Thread: 460 TIMING COVER

GottaJet
    Hey Guys!.. Can anyone give me some pointers on installing a timing cover on my 460. torque specs,which rtv/where to apply,how to get that balancer back on without destroying it..anything will help
    THANKS,GJ

Hallett19
    I use the gray stuff, but my block is gray, any RTV silicone will work, use a Fel-Pro gasket and the tourqe doesn not really matter, I got mine snug, but not real tight. As far as the balancer goes.... cant remember, but I dont think it was too hard, make sure you remember the woodruff key though !!!

timitunnel
    Don't use silicon. Use hi-tack(found at your local NAPA store.)As for your balancer it should slide on snuggly but if you feel the need to pound it on take some emery cloth and buff the crank. Tim.

Bubbledeck2
    not sure on the BBF (I've never had to work on mine heh) but on a small block chevy what I do is get a grade 8 bolt about an inch longer than the balancer bolt and use that to "pull" the balancer on. Once I get it on far enough I back it out and use the "real" bolt to pull it on the rest of the way.