Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loan for mobile home?

Todd969
    Havasu RV resort, Lake Havasu, 2004, and the purchase includes the land.
    Hang tight. Making a call.

HM
    May I ask which bank?
    You may.
    May I not answer?
    IndyMac. They have one of the best closed end 2nds right now. But, requires great credit and great reserves. Basically, prove to them you don't need it, and they will give it to you.
    If you go with a HELOC, just walk into Wells Fargo or Washinton Mutual and they will do them for free of all upfront fees, get you the lowest margin, which is sometimes less than prime depending on your FICO and LTV, and have your money ready in 2 weeks or less.

Jrocket
    From what I understood is that they wont loan if its on BLM or Indian land.Hard to do if its even on any type of month to month type leases.True?The trailer also has to be a newer dated trailer.?

Bolties
    From what I understood is that they wont loan if its on BLM or Indian land.Hard to do if its even on any type of month to month type leases.True?The trailer also has to be a newer dated trailer.?
    Yup, you'd think that they would rather you purchased the land, but after talking to most of these guys, they prefer it on a month to month lease. From what alot of them are telling me, they have numerous people walk out on their "single-wide" homes. I'm not some white trash dumb-ass that wants somewhere to live for a while and walk out. This is a beautiful resort, only a couple years old. I have excellent credit and just a mortgage and truck payment.......

Todd969
    Yup, you'd think that they would rather you purchased the land, but after talking to most of these guys, they prefer it on a month to month lease. From what alot of them are telling me, they have numerous people walk out on their "single-wide" homes. I'm not some white trash dumb-ass that wants somewhere to live for a while and walk out. This is a beautiful resort, only a couple years old. I have excellent credit and just a mortgage and truck payment.......
    Check your PM
    Good Luck

HM
    Do a 2nd or HELOC and there are no strings attached. Tell them cash out is for modest home improvement and to build cash reserves, and you are good to go.

sigepmock
    Do a 2nd or HELOC and there are no strings attached. Tell them cash out is for modest home improvement and to build cash reserves, and you are good to go.
    This is the way to go. Funny it is easier to buy just the lot than one with a park model on it......crazy banks don't understand the diff. between this and your typical white trash mobile home park.....
    Good luck. We need as many HB's in the park as we can get.
    Chris

Advantage Adam
    Closed end 2nd or HELOC on your current so you don't have to mess with the first. I just did a 25 year closed end 2nd Interest only at 7.5%.
    I use Indymac everyday and I have never seen a closed end 2nd that low. In fact, I have never seen a closed end 2nd below the prime rate. Did you go through a retail location?

slink
    What's a ballpark figure for spaces there? both empty and w/ a mobile on it. I was thinking about checking them out on Thursday while I'm up there getting the boat service done, just seeing if it's worth while. thanks

HM
    I use Indymac everyday and I have never seen a closed end 2nd that low. In fact, I have never seen a closed end 2nd below the prime rate. Did you go through a retail location?
    Pretty sick, huh? 25 year closed end 2nd, I/O. It is a wholesale product, but not available on E-Fits - I mean E-mits. You can get their 30/15 down below prime. FICO and Rerserves & LTV make it happen. I have used IndyMac several times this year because we were able to bet below prime on a fixed.
    The 25 year program I get through a correspondant lender for IndyMac. IndyMac themselves are a bit of a pain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast