Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Recommend?

BADBLOWN572
    Well, after blowing my last outdrive, I took it to the place that has re-done my outdrives other times that they have blown. The amount of money that they want now is rediculous. Just because it is the beginning of the season the prices have nearly doubled. I am not really impressed with their past past performance and customer service so I am looking for someone else in the So. Cal area that does good work on outdrives. Who do you recommend?

Havasu Hangin'
    Ray just came over an got my drives- he really knows his stuff (7 or so years doing drives for Imco). I'll let you know about pricing when I get the bill Thursday.
    I guess he just opened his own shop in Montclair.

BADBLOWN572
    Ray just came over an got my drives- he really knows his stuff (7 or so years doing drives for Imco). I'll let you know about pricing when I get the bill Thursday.
    I guess he just opened his own shop in Montclair.
    Sounds good. I need to get mine repaired, but my shop was trying to ding me, or so I think.

Jrocket
    There was a guy on here by the screen name of chadzilla i think? Ive seen his work and he does a great job.Used to do the drives for Gary Teague.Not sure were he is now but I can get a phone number if you would like.
    First choice would be max Machine though and there new billet housing.
    My budyy has had his B-Max done at the same place you did and Im not to impressed with the outcome.

BADBLOWN572
    What I need is simply to have a set of upper gears replaced. I popped an old drive that had been sitting around for a while. When one of the teeth in the gears went it scuffed the case. Well, to make a long story short, my buddy wants the drive back so he can put it on his boat (496 non HO). The guy I have used in the past says that I have to replace the case, but I only see one little ding and it is not even in a vital area. I have shown it to a couple of people who agree with me and think the guy is tring to make an extra buck. The drive has all Teague parts in it and they are perfect. My buddy has popped this drive 3 times so I don't even know if I did it. I doubt it. I just need someone to replace an upper set of gears, flush out the bearings and get it put back together. I figure a Bravo drive with all the good stuff in it should last all day long on a 496 and I don't think that I am jeopardizing anything by not replacing the case. $3k to repair a drive that broke upper gears is just retarded.

Jrocket
    BB,
    Try getting a hold of this guy.He's done 2 Schiadas that I know of personally.He's on the boards but hasnt been here in ahwile.I can get his number if this isnt the correct one.last time i heard he was out in the Elsinore area.Does good work from what Ive seen.Worth a shot.Might be 951 now.
    chadzilla4ever@msn.com or call me at 909 775 5158.

gmocnik
    chad is a great guy for local work. i am a big max machine advocate for the bulletproof drive...
    last i knew he was working at newport boats in corona but freelancing for several shops..
    he lives off railroad canyon road...
    tell him gary m says hey..

Daytona100
    Check e-bay some pretty sweet deals on drives. I bought mine on e-bay from tnt custom marine. No problems works great. I would just buy another drive then give someone 3 grand to fix one. :2purples: :2purples:

Havasu47
    Give B & D Marine a call
    626-443-3721

Havasu Hangin'
    Well, Ray just came over & put the drives back on....the guy definately knows his drives (he showed me some things that other guys consider "acceptable"...that probably shouldn't be).
    I'd give him a call...tell him you want the "HB hookup"....you'll be suprised. :supp:
    (626) 831-1324
    PS- Lesson #1- metal flakes in your drive is not good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast