Thread: MSD on the HP 500/EFI Motor is the tach adapter need ?

No Doubt
    I just finished installing the MSD 6M-2 Box with the optional MSD harness PN 64602. This harness is made just for the EFI motor and everything is just plug and play no wire cutting at all, it's real nice. My question is has anybody done this application before ? In the installation instuctions it says that some applications may require an MSD tach/fuel adapter PN 8910. It's in the middle of winter here in Ky. and my boat is winterized so I won't be starting it up any time soon. I hate to wait until spring to find out the tach does'nt work. I thought maybe somebody has been there done that. Any help would be great. Thanks

No Doubt
    I just thought I would post an update. I just couldn't wait until spring to find out so for another $30 I purchased the Tach/Fuel adapter and installed it. My feeling is that it was needed. This spring I will update this post to let everyone know how everything works. I hoping to have a little cleaner burn, as everyone knows the HP 500 runs a little rich. More is always better.

No Doubt
    I finally got the boat out last weekend and everything fired up just right. The tach worked great motor sounds good. Just thought I would post an update.

victorfb
    sounds like you did good by getting the wire harness adapter for the tach. good job. now go out and have fun and be safe.