Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Capital gains

WILDERTHANU
    This will give you the ability to get very creative if you would like to avoid some large tax consequences on selling a property prior to the 2 year mark
    Explain

ShannyShan
    I would speak to a realtor. When we sold our house we waited the 2 years, but were told we could have sold early because my husband was out of work on disability. Just make sure that they know what they're talking about.

al cole'holic
    Explain
    ..in a brief way, stop paying yourself a taxable salary and make other arrangements to "receive" money for this entire year. Your income will drop off and your only tax consequence is now your gain on your property.

al cole'holic
    I would speak to a realtor. When we sold our house we waited the 2 years, but were told we could have sold early because my husband was out of work on disability. Just make sure that they know what they're talking about.
    ...hardships, loss of job, job transfers, etc do not fall under the 2 year requirement.

NorCal Gameshow
    it's two years....a realtor can't give you tax advice... some realtors will just tell you what you want to hear see a cpa . if there's a way they should know. renting a room doesn't make the house a rental. can you 1031 a room

al cole'holic
    it's two years....a realtor can't give you tax advice... some realtors will just tell you what you want to hear see a cpa . if there's a way they should know. renting a room doesn't make the house a rental. can you 1031 a room
    ..well, now that we finally know it 2 years
    Good thing WILDERTHANU is not a client and I hope I told him what he wanted to hear

NorCal Gameshow
    ..well, now that we finally know it 2 years
    Good thing WILDERTHANU is not a client and I hope I told him what he wanted to hear

I said somerealtors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123