Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Perris??????????????

code8
    The last time I was in Lake Perris was in 1995. Has the lake changed much? My buddy and I want to take our jet boats there for a day of boating with the families but we don't know much about the lake,
    Can you guys give me some info. and opinions about the lake and if's even worth going to.
    Thanks.

xs ultra
    http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=22105
    The lake is low.This web site will show what's up.

dmontzsta
    I went there a few weeks ago, the lake is VERY low.

Rooster
    And there is a speed limit

dmontzsta
    And half the lake is buoyed off right now.

jetboat
    The last time I was in Lake Perris was in 1995. Has the lake changed much? My buddy and I want to take our jet boats there for a day of boating with the families but we don't know much about the lake,
    Can you guys give me some info. and opinions about the lake and if's even worth going to.
    Thanks.
    the last time we were there was 15yrs ago when we lived in california.the lake smelled and the speed limit was 35 then.the boat i was driving was my unlcles blown hemi,we past the speed limit 3 time over,well over 100+,the lake patrol saw us,but could not keep up,da.put the boat on the trailer real fast,and on taking the boat out of the water,they came.to late for them it was on the trailer.but was told never to put that cool thing ever back in there lake.never went back either it stunk to bad.

455Rocket
    I got stopped three times in one day... jet boat fever. I don't even have OT headers! They searched once for alcohol... NONE allowed in the boat or on the shore etc... It's a "dry" lake in more ways then one.
    No towables, swimming, speed or drinking. Tons of jet skis. I highly recommend it
    In defense, though, the campgrounds are really nice and come in handy for the races @ the fairgrounds.

robk
    Went there once on a weekend; will never go back. It was like.... Thompson Bay on the 4th of July weekend except with a 35 MPH speed limit and double the crowd. Had a few friends out the same day on jet skis; one got a ticket when he turned around and backtracked about 50 ft. to help out a buddy that had partially sunk his ski.
    I'll tough the 4 hr drive to the river...
    Rob

myoung
    Wow, Lake Perris. That brings back some fun times when I was a kid. That was about the only place we went back then............back then being 30 years ago. Haven't been there since around '76-'77. Would kinda like to go back just to see it again now that I have my own boat, but the way everybody talks about it now I don't think I'd want to waste the trip.
    Here's a pic of my Mom and Dad at Perris circa mid '70's. Nothing but boats and skiers back in those days.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...atatPerris.jpg
    I was probably about 8 when this was taken. We used to have a lot of fun with the boat, then Mom got tired of it so we switched to racing motocross instead.
    Best Perris story would be when my Mom took a bunch of girls out in the boat and we all sat on the 'beach' watching them just hauling ass accross the water. My Dad was fit to be tied and when they came back he started yelling at her for breaking the speed limit(it was 35 back then) and running from the patrol boat that was trying to catch them. She proceeds to defend herself by telling him she didn't know the patrol boat was chasing her and that she didn't see what the problem was anyway, the speedo said she was doing 35. Dad simply answered, that's a tach! :rollside:

Riverat84
    Dad simply answered, that's a tach! :rollside:
    haha thats awesome! funny shiat.
    reid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast