Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May be moving to phoenix. Got some ?'s

Cole Sanger
    You are going to be glad you took that transfer. They are hauling on building 32, and of course there are rumors about 22 converting soon after and even a fab after that. I started at 12 in 2000 with AMAT. Then went to 22 when it came up. Then got laid off from them in mid 2003. Went to work with a fly by night place for about a year or so and did the demo on the AMAT Implanters at 12. I am with Novellus now in CVD at 12. Soon I will be moving over to 32 when it gets done. As far as houses go, they are getting more expensive everyday. My only advise to you would be buy now if you can before you go up to Oregon on your seed assignment. If you don't, they will be about $10,000+ more by the time you get back. I was lucky, and bought back in 2000. My house has is only 1406sq ft with a 3 car garage and decent size back yard in Gilbert. I bought it for $133,000 in 2000 and it just appraised for $280,000 last month. Depends on what you want. I went looking early last year, and that scared me into staying put. Even if I sell my house for 280, I couldn't buy it back for that, much less buy something that I want. I just had a buddy buy a half acre in Higley with an older house in the 2200sq ft range and it was near $500,000. I would say to look in Gilbert, Queen Creek, Higley, and Chandler if you have to. Chandler is either really nice, or really not so nice. If you don't mind being a little farther from the close lakes I would suggest Casa Grande. Maricopa City is sold out from what I hear. If you want to be close to the lakes, I would suggest up in north east Mesa. Let me know if you need anymore help. Maybe I will see you in the fab someday soon.

cruser
    I have been with Intel at the Oregon sites as a tech doing technology development work for 25 years. I decided it was about time to see what production was like. The transfer is from Oregon to AZ and then temporarily back to Oregon so I will be a bit mobile for a while. The promotion doesn't hurt either. I shouldn't be in the fab down there very much. I'm an automation guy and do all my work remotely from my desk or home.
    I will be making various trips for house hunting, training and so forth. When I do come down I'll let you know. Maybe you can show me the areas to avoid and perhaps a favorite lake or two. I'll buy the refreshments. This goes for anyone else who helps me make the right choice.

Cole Sanger
    You got it. Oh, and don't let Oregon manufacturing scare you. They are a bit nuts up there. A whole lot more laid back down here. If you have been around for 25 years, you probably already know that though.

cruser
    That is one of the biggest reasons for the move, I know we/they are nuts!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12