Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California B.S. moving north

Tahiti350
    All,
    Lakewood Wa city council meets tonight to decide the fate of American Lake (Tacoma, Wa). They will be considering imposing speed and noise limits (70-74 db) on the lake and eliminating race boat testing sessions that had been in place for over 30 years. :burningm: See: http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76744
    If you are in the Tacoma area lets rally the boaters adn show the council members that the people want to use the lake as is, not under the rules the high $$ homeowners want imposed!!! :eat:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    That would be unfortunate. I grew up on that lake.

Don't be blaming California for THIS! We may be a tad off center, but this is the doings of your own nutjobs.
    Best of luck dealing with them.

Tahiti350
    Just out of curiosity what kind of boats would pass a 70-74 db noise test??
    I know the SBC Bassett O/T headers I just found (finally) won't pass at anything near that. I would probably have to keep the thru drive exhaust.
    I like American lake as it is big enough to strech it out, and normally almost dead flat.

Dave C
    let me guess...
    you guys have been boating there for 30 years without problems then someone builds some nice houses really close, now the noise which hasn't been a problem for 30 years, now all of a sudden has become a problem?
    Am I close? :notam:
    ya 70 DB that eliminates a lot of performance boats. :yuk: They are going after you guys. Your gonna need a whacka or a trolling motor

Havasu_Dreamin
    Just out of curiosity what kind of boats would pass a 70-74 db noise test??.
    Too many other variables to give an even remotely ballpark answer. What scale? What distance from the transom? What RPM range?

HCS
    I have to agree, don't blame Ca. for their own politcal BS.
    Blame Arizona.

Tahiti350
    I'll be at the meeting tonight to find out what the proposed "requirements" are, and throw in my $5 worth on the matter. We already lost our stock car track to "encroachment", now the lake too?? I hope not. If the Cali folks are having a problem meeting 86 db with T/T exhaust w/mufflers what chance do we have of getting to 70-74db??? I assume idle and similar testing to Cali, the Washington boys seem to like to run with there noses stuck up the Cali legisatures arses.
    Additianlly the Washinton legislature is trying to incorparate the FULL California vehicle emissions statutes, including all future changes, just so they don't have to deal with it any more!! :220v:
    I'm not "blaming" California, it's just the same shiat has now hit us. Of course NONE of the people who live on the lake moved up from Cali during the boom times?? Nah, couldn't be...
    Maybe time for me to retire and move somewhere that isn't having problems. Anyone know where that is??

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    [QUOTE=Dave C]let me guess...
    you guys have been boating there for 30 years without problems then someone builds some nice houses really close, now the noise which hasn't been a problem for 30 years, now all of a sudden has become a problem?
    Am I close? :notam:
    Not really all that close. There have been homes on that lake for about 100 years. And there are a lot of mansions that are set back from the lake quite a ways.

Tahiti350
    Not to mention that half of the lake borders Ft. Lewis Army reserve. To me that should open the door a little, as land ownership only goes to to waters edge. They used to fly seaplanes out of American lake, but they stopped last year, now they are trying to shut down the boating too. Maybe they will go after any gas powered water vehicles next, like they have done at other lakes in Washington. Electric or oar powered only, basically a "private" lake for them (the property owners) to enjoy without any disruptions.
    If they pass this there would be one "usable" lake within an hour of my house that I can run at, out of about 12 lakes in the area. That would be Alder lake, which I prefer not to run at due to floaters and other debris.
    Pardon my venting, I'm just trying to get my thoughts together for the meeting tonight. Hope I don't get tossed out on my arse. :devil:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast