Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jet rebuild ?

Raskal
    mpd or tom papp.i am thinking on changing it out or full rebuild .i have a jacuzzi.i dont like the revers bucket on it what can the do.and want to put jet o vator ?
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...w_boat_011.jpg

MudPumper
    I'm partial to MPD :rollside: but they are both great, you can't go wrong with either one. One thing to consider if you are planning on doing this soon, is how quickly it can get done. Now is the busy time of year for pump builders and I'm sure there is a 3 -4 week back up already.

Raskal
    i have one more trip to parker in 2 weeks then i am going to get with it .ive herd nothing but good things about mpd but tom is alot closer .

Performance 19
    MPD, hands down!! Jack is the expert. I was just getting ready to post a thank you and say GREAT things about MPD again. Have had it serviced there and gotten parts. Taken the boat down and Jack has crawled underneath to recomend ride plate adjustments, advice at no cost. Just picked up my pump today after basically a stage 3 build. Everything is done so precisley and attention to the smallest detail. Also at a very reasonable price! MPD is the only way to go....Jim ....... Also, Sorry we missed seeing you Chris.
    Also, we will need one more thing looked at and Jack said he will be slowing down in about 2 weeks, so he should have time. MPD is only 30 mins further. Have heard nothing but great things about Tom Papp as far as building motors goes. Jack has been doing pumps since 1969, and he is the expert. Pumps are his business, I would drive the extra mile.

Raskal
    MPD, hands down!! Jack is the expert. I was just getting ready to post a thank you and say GREAT things about MPD again. Have had it serviced there and gotten parts. Taken the boat down and Jack has crawled underneath to recomend ride plate adjustments, advice at no cost. Just picked up my pump today after basically a stage 3 build. Everything is done so precisley and attention to the smallest detail. Also at a very reasonable price! MPD is the only way to go....Jim ....... Also, Sorry we missed seeing you Chris.
    Also, we will need one more thing looked at and Jack said he will be slowing down in about 2 weeks, so he should have time. MPD is only 30 mins further. Have heard nothing but great things about Tom Papp as far as building motors goes. Jack has been doing pumps since 1969, and he is the expert. Pumps are his business, I would drive the extra mile.
    thanks for the help i shall be calling him soon
    from a fellow norconian
    Ryan

disco_charger
    Raskal, I know MPD will do a good job, and I know Papp will do a good job. You really can't go wrong with either. Just a thought, call them and tell them your thoughts on your boat and see what each of them have to say, what they recommend and their PRICE. I know you can't put a price on performance, but if you're like me and just running a little ski boat, that extra .010 of a second might not be worth the extra $400 or $500 bucks. Just a thought frome someone who doesn't have unlimited resources. Either way you go, you'll get quality work.

FOURQ
    Tom Papp has done great work as well as MPD but i feel that Tom does a better job and as far at time on the job they both have about the same amount... I chose Tom because of the extra mile he went for me but i dont think Jack is bad eather i got more info out of Tom and it put me over the top on my performance.... just my opinion

Squirtin Thunder
    Marine Performance Designs
    1760 Monrovia Street. Unit A-7
    Costa Mesa, California 92627
    Phone : (949) 631-2040
    e-mail : jmcclure@pacbell.net
    www : http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure

steelcomp
    All you need to do is see who's at the finish line first. I think Jack has Tom covered there pretty well when it comes to pumps. They will both go out of their way to help their customers, and are both stand up guys, but I think MPD's definately first when it comes to pumps and set-ups. :coffeycup

disco_charger
    All you need to do is see who's at the finish line first. I think Jack has Tom covered there pretty well when it comes to pumps. They will both go out of their way to help their customers, and are both stand up guys, but I think MPD's definately first when it comes to pumps and set-ups. :coffeycup
    I edited this, cause it sounded a lot harsher than I really feel about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast