Thread: oil cooler??

wet77
    Still trying to get parts together for my 21' eliminator.
    I am going to run a 540 dart motor about 750-800hp
    10qt dooley pan, Aggressor Bronze B cut impeller.
    ? is which cooler should I go with?
    I have never had one in a boat before but I never cruised for more than a mile or two and only at about 3500 rpm max on my last jet boat, with short 10-30 second burst of WOT.
    This new boat I would like to keep it WOT or close to it the whole time :lightsabe
    A friend of mine runs just a dooley 10qt pan and no cooler on his similiar daytona with no problems yet and he has his foot in it all day long :idea:
    Just do not want to kill my new motor the first year out on the water

wet77
    So nobody here runs a oil cooler on there jet? :cry:

cruser
    I will be when I get mine together. I have a couple of pictures I took of a jet at Eliminators shop. They're not very good but it's a start.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...cooler-med.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ooler2-med.jpg

GasGuzzler
    Still trying to get parts together for my 21' eliminator.
    I am going to run a 540 dart motor about 750-800hp
    10qt dooley pan, Aggressor Bronze B cut impeller.
    ? is which cooler should I go with?
    I have never had one in a boat before but I never cruised for more than a mile or two and only at about 3500 rpm max on my last jet boat, with short 10-30 second burst of WOT.
    This new boat I would like to keep it WOT or close to it the whole time :lightsabe
    A friend of mine runs just a dooley 10qt pan and no cooler on his similiar daytona with no problems yet and he has his foot in it all day long :idea:
    Just do not want to kill my new motor the first year out on the water
    May not have room for a oil cooler with the 200 gallon gas tank you gonna need to run wide open all day :2purples:

steelcomp
    A friend of mine runs just a dooley 10qt pan and no cooler on his similiar daytona with no problems yet and he has his foot in it all day long
    The key word here is yet...he could be having main brg. problems and not know it...untill it's too late. If he's just running a Dooley, and footin it for more than a minute or so, I can guarantee he's having oil temp issues, which will lead to brg. failure. Go with the cooler. There's no reason not to.

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    In a tunnel you probably don't have roon for a block mounted cooler, so go with a remote. Dan Olsen is the best I've seen or used. Budlight

wet77
    In a tunnel you probably don't have roon for a block mounted cooler, so go with a remote. Dan Olsen is the best I've seen or used. Budlight
    Is there a certain size I should be considering?

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    About 18", but sometimes space dictates smaller. Fit what you can. Budlight