Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taylor jet boats

dBrown
    A loader is the grate on the bottom of the boat where the water is sucked into the pump.

thesspider
    Thanks for the info. Now how do I tell what kind it is sorry still learning Thanks again for the info.

Jerry Buckner
    Originally posted by thesspider:
    Thanks again my problem of the day is I keep blowing out header gaskets this is my second set in 2 years not to hard to replace but I would like to know if there is a good set i can put on my boat. It has wet headers and so far all I used where regular auto gaskets is there a marine one i should be using Thanks again

Jerry Buckner
    Originally posted by bigq:
    I had the same problem and finally found a gasket by MR. Gasket, I don't know the part number, but it was a thick. never had a problem after that. Make sure you keep the drain holes at the bottom of the header clear also so they don't get wet, or worse water in the motor. You can call Greg Shoemaker at GS Marine in Corona Ca, I'm sure he has a good fix.
    I found a good set from Mr Gasket. They are called Perma seal. They will not Burn. If you have a BB chevy i have the part # at work.

thesspider
    Ok those problems solved now I need new seats hate the old ones the boat is black and gray any ideas. Thanks the sspider

thesspider
    OK question two like I said the boat is black and dark gray haveing a real problem with the boat always looking dull I wax it it looks pretty good but one day in the sun and it looks all faded. Would like to find some wax or sealer to keep the clear coat shinning Thanks thesspider

bigq
    have it professionally wet sanded and polished. they will tell you if it would help, or use 3M products and a machine polisher to cut the junk of then polish and wax.
    Originally posted by thesspider:
    OK question two like I said the boat is black and dark gray haveing a real problem with the boat always looking dull I wax it it looks pretty good but one day in the sun and it looks all faded. Would like to find some wax or sealer to keep the clear coat shinning Thanks thesspider

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12