Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sommerville In June

wrenchdaddy
    I dont have baffles either, I've passed the game warden twice so far out at yegua, once a coupel weeks ago, ran right passed them and then sunday I was idling out of the park and they drove by, I waited til they were a good ways away before I took off but they've never said anythign to me. Im gonna plan on coming out saturday evening after work to hang out for a couple hours, see you guys out there.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I think the fine is $200 if you decide to roll the dice. I have seen the game wardens make routine stops on more than one occasion and they do a visual inspection of OT headers every time.
    So the real question is.........
    'Do you feel lucky punk??????? well do ya'
    Omega

Greaser
    Its kinda a 50 50 chance, as far as getting checked. But I think with all the OT headers that will be in attendance, I think we will more than likely get checked at some point. Lets just say, any other weekend, I wouldnt worry about it, but this weekend I will definatly be running baffles :idea:

Devilman
    Cool! Thanks for the heads up! That's exactly why I bought 'em.... Wrenchdaddy, Taylorman, I know ya'll prolly heard it a hundred times, if ya haven't checked ebay, might look into it. That's where I picked up mine, fairly reasonable.
    Texasjet, I'll be checking that out. Thanks for the tip! This trip will have to be a short one, I'm afraid. But hell, a short visit is better than no visit, right?
    My only problem with the game warden is gonna be for lights, as our boat has none. Might have to go ahead & look into that....

oldbuck40
    Cool! Thanks for the heads up! That's exactly why I bought 'em.... Wrenchdaddy, Taylorman, I know ya'll prolly heard it a hundred times, if ya haven't checked ebay, might look into it. That's where I picked up mine, fairly reasonable.
    Texasjet, I'll be checking that out. Thanks for the tip! This trip will have to be a short one, I'm afraid. But hell, a short visit is better than no visit, right?
    My only problem with the game warden is gonna be for lights, as our boat has none. Might have to go ahead & look into that....devilman dont worry about the lights just be off the water no later than 30 minutes after sunset and you should be ok,,,just tell em its a big ass jet ski!!! they dont have lights either.

Greaser
    My only problem with the game warden is gonna be for lights, as our boat has none. Might have to go ahead & look into that....
    I've never been checked for lights. My boat doesnt have any either. But I am usually off the water by sun set any way.

Taylorman
    Ok guys i need help. I have some baffles in a set of Bassetts i bought a while back for a bbc. I need to pull them out to put them in the headers on my boat for this weekend. I can't get them out. They seem to have been in for a while and are stuck in the header. I tried every possible tool i have to take them out. Help

BigMo
    thats happend to us and we let them soak in deisel over night and we weere able to get them out. It was still a pain. Also how important are those old headers? LOL.. IF they are not important take out the grinder.lol... and cut it out!
    Mo

Devilman
    thats happend to us and we let them soak in deisel over night and we weere able to get them out. It was still a pain. Also how important are those old headers? LOL.. IF they are not important take out the grinder.lol... and cut it out!
    Mo
    Mine were even kinda disagreeable to come out also. They hadn't even been there that long. I had to twist 'em out. Mine are the Bassett baffles, they look like an auger, I could reach in there, to pull on them. I thought about running a wire wheel over them, maybe make it easier to install & remove them. Don't know if it'll help, but it sounds good... :shift:
    Maybe tie onto them some kind of way, then try and bust them loose with a punch or something. I know that'll be driving them further in there, but once they're loose, with something tied on, you should be able to get them out. A good penetrating oil, perhaps?

oldbuck40
    i just talked to Dana at mikes pump and speed and she said that she could get a set to who ever needs them overnight if you will pay the extra shipping! their # is 281-820-1559

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast